Please Mods: New Forum Section Idea

MrsPOP

Mummy to Alice
Reaction score
There is a Home & Natural Birthing forum but how about accomodating those who choose to give birth in hospital or are considering a more medical birth (either with pain meds or elective interventions such as C section)?

Its seems embracing a more medicalised birth is uncatered for? And cannot be just located to 3rd tri as members of other trimesters will be wanting to research these ideas on birth too.

I think the Natural Birthing/Parenting section was created for that demographic because their posts were getting lost in the main section, which largely contains posts about hospital birth etc. I would imagine if we had segregated sections for each choice, the main boards would become very empty.

Hi thanks for your reply.

I'm afraid I have to disagree, if you look in the main forums: 1st tri is mainly about worrying about things that could go wrong (that's certainly what I did, non stop worrying!) and being excited about 12 week scans, 2nd Tri is about nub guesses, names, talking about newly popping bumps and 20 weeks scans and 3rd tri is mainly about how tired we all are (I certainly moan about that), and ways to induce labour. Pregnancy club has very minimal discussion about hospital birthing.

I find it is a bit unfair that ladies who are more open minded about medical input in birth don't have a dedicated place to discuss their options. I would love to research more on hospital births and also to discuss things like pain relief and scary things like forceps (eek). My hope is a hospital water birth with minimal analgesia but I think knowledge is power and would love to discuss other options. I have dipped my toes in the home & natural birthing section but feel it doesn't cater to those who may be hoping for a natural birth but are willing to consider other options of pain relief or those who wish to birth in hospital.

I've seen ladies on BnB who are going for elective c section or who have had c sections in past get rather upset at the implication from some users that they are a failure for not going natural, I think if there were a forum for these ladies, people may feel happier to expand their usage of BnB. I know I am a touch wary of entering some forums after run-ins with users who have felt my stance on hospital birth to be wrong. A new forum may allow ladies to get information without feeling ashamed of their choice. After all there are seperate BFing and FFing sections.

:flower:

You make good points!
Having had a hospital birth, with pain relief and in the end help in the form of forceps, and then FFing baby, I can empathise with the feeling that some people seem to belittle these decisions.

Thanks Tiggertea. You're LO is gorgeous!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->