Please Read and Answer! :)

NurseMommyTTC

Reaction score
Hi!
Visiting from the TTC board...I was wondering what everyone used to help them conceive? (OPK: IC and/or digital, temping, checking CM and CP) what did you use to help you conceive and how quickly did you conceive after using them? Also, please add your age and any other info that may be important, such as any fertility issues and whether you have other children.
Thanks so much! :)

We conceived 2nd month trying, first month didn't do anything extra.. Second month - conceive plus, opk and bd every day for 6 days starting a couple of days before pos opk ( from when I started getting lines on the tests but wernt dark enough to be pos)
Good luck :flower:

We conceived 4th month trying with this one. I used a menstrual cup this month which I think helped!

Hi!
I'm 22 and my oh is 23 - we have no known fertility issues just very irregular cycles due to the pill etc..

I used opks and we DTD every other day throughout the cycle..and every day for a few days once I got a + OPK. Started using them in March after a mc - had one period and got my BFP by May :thumbup:

Good luck :hugs: xx

Hi,
I'm 22 and my partner is 25, we're in a long distance relationship and I see him once a month, usually last weekend of the month, I used just an app to help calculate my ovulation dates, started losing tiny gradual amount of weight and cut out drinking and smoking, once we had decided this year we'd like to try for a baby next year. three months after we decided we'd try/change our attitude to whatever happens will happen I got pregnant. Now I'm 6 weeks.

I'm 23 (24 in October) and my DH is 29 (30 in November). We have one DS who is turning 2 in September. We gender swayed for a girl when we started TTC so I took only a folic acid supplement until I found out that I was pregnant and then started taking a prenatal. I also used RepHresh to lower my pH level but I don't recommend this if you're just trying to get pregnant in general. We got pregnant with this baby the first month TTC and I used OPKs and BBT charting with Fertility Friend to pinpoint ovulation. I also tried to stay as relaxed and stress free as possible until after O day was confirmed. As far as I'm aware neither my DH or I have any fertility problems.

Best of luck to you, I hope that you get your :bfp: soon! :)

I'm 23, FI is 24.
We conceived our first month of ever trying. Just DTD every second day once my period ended, and every single day for about 3 days straight closer to ovulation.

I'm 31 my DH is 37 we just dtd every day of ovulation week and got pregnant 1st month. I used opks, but never got a positive ovulation on one. We were surprised when I got pregnant.

Dh & I are 35. Got a bfp on the first cycle ttc and used opk, but that ended in mc. Got pregnant 3 cycles later using opk's again. The general game plan was sex at least every other day starting with cd9 until after opk peak days. Had sex every night on the opk peak days. Definitely make sure you don't wait until after you have a positive opk, since sperm live awhile.

I switched to decaf, and very little of that even, the cycle prior to my second bfp. I also took methyl folate instead of folic acid (in addition to my prenatal that already has folic acid), and my diet was really good. Lots of greens. And I probably only had 1-2 drinks a month. Just basic stuff. Good luck!

Thanks everyone! This is my 2nd cycle ttc, my first I temped and used opk's but never had ewcm. It was also my 1st month off bcp so I am hoping i get a bfp this month!

Me:29, dh:32
We tried for 4 years, ended up on Clomid. Along with the Clomid we also used pressed and softcups, and round 1 of Clomid worked. We are now expecting surprise #2 and dd is only 3 months old! My Dr warned me it can happen quickly after birth, but after everything we went through to have dd I didn't believe her. A month later BAM!

Hi! I'm 31, DH IS 33. We have a 2 year old DD. Got pregnant our first cycle trying this time. Checked BBT, CP, CM, & used preseed , OPKs, & SMEP. GL to you!

I have border line pcos, It took me 14 months to conceive after I stopped taking the pill.
My af varied anything from 24-45 days in them 14 months.
The only things I did different the month I conceived was drink spearmint tea (1 or 2 cups a day) and after sex I would put a pillow under me and put my legs in the air for about 10/15 minutes

Good luck :)

Hi! I just turned 35, my DH is 33. We have one son, got pregnant on 3rd cycle trying with him. I had a blighted ovum miscarriage in January 2015 at 9 weeks. We've been trying since then to get pregnant with no luck. This cycle was my first cycle on 45mg of progesterone per day starting at 3dpo, plus we used pre-seed. I also cut sugar, dairy and grains out of my diet while trying this cycle - and it worked! Good luck to you!!

Hi,
DH and I both are 33 with first we conceived ntnp on first month of trying. With this one als practically we got pregnant first month of actually trying. Last time I didn't temp but, this time I did but, honestly it was no help at all. I went with my cm ditd every other day when I saw ewcm.

Wow, so many conceived 1st month! Im so bummed I didnt, as I dtd the 3 days before O. Maybe because it was my 1st cycle off bcp my hormones werent thickening the lioning enough....with dd I conceoved her 2nd cycle so hopefully the same happens this month!

I had a mmc back in august last year and got pregnant in April this year, I had started taking prenatal vitamins and evening primrose oil in March and also started using preseed, the only thing I did differently the month I conceived was use opk's, I must have been out with my dates! good luck ttc hope you get your bfp soon :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->