• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

please read! is it time to make the switch?

jen435

our miracle is on the way
Reaction score
My dd is 10weeks old weighed 9lb 1oz aug 9. Today she still weighs 9lbs 1oz. Shes not gaining or losing. I bf. My breast is engorged on left side ive been trying to hand express. I dont believe my dd is transitioning my milk (drinking it ). Please help im very worried about my dd health. Is it time to supplement formula?

I'd ask a medical professional. No one on any internet forum can give you reliable advice without more details and knowing everything about your situation. Personally I wouldn't want to risk it, babies are far too precious. I'd urge you to seek professional advice.

Why are you weighing weekly? It's not advised and this is with good reason. Many BF babies gain one week and then gain nothing the next, my youngest has done this a couple of times. I have a baby weighing scale at home and do weigh weekly on average however this is due to previous growth problems in my other children-had we not gone through that I wouldn't weigh more than once a month if that. Once my kids get to about 4 months I stop weighing so often. My son is nearly 12 weeks and in the past two weeks he gained 5oz in 3 days, then nothing for nearly a week, then he gained 3oz in less than 24 hours. He also took 10 days before he started gaining back his birthweight. I have never felt the need to supplement formula or even EBM as he is happy and healthy. If you have an oversupply you may experience occasional engorgement, it isn't necessarily a sign something isn't right with milk transfer xx

My lo gained 10oz in 9 days, 9 days later she was weighed and only gained 0.5oz. My health visitor wasn't concerned. I wouldn't normally have her weighed that often so as not to worry unnecessarily. It's common for them to have a growth spurt, then nothing.

Thank u! Its my pediatrician thats making me do all this. He expects her to gain 1oz a day 7-9oz a week. He weighs her weekly. They think shes not transfering and say shes to thin for her length (23in) but my dh n i are tall thin ppl. It makes me feel better. This doctor pushed formula first day i was at hospital after having her then two days later. Im ready to find a new doctor honestly. This doctor says babys healthy reaching milestones. But seems to want baby heavier then she is. Its my first baby and i have no family to support my bfing her so i needed to ask. Thanks so much ur experience makes me feel better. I love talkin playin nursing cuddling my lil girl shes a happy baby but her reflux made things rough two weeks ago but now we have it under control and dealing with slow weight gain. She lets me know when shes hungry and if she needs a diaper change. I just thought bf babies gained faster bc of my doctor.

AnneD sorry if i offended u asking as i do see my LLL LC and Pedi. I was just seeing what other bf mommys thought. My pedi would alway be one to say what to do. Im already giving 1oz ebm after every feed with fortifier (10-12x day)"and ebm/fortifer/cereal 2x day with sns per doctors orders but even with all extras she still isnt gaining. I know ppl ask about diapers but she fine with 6-8 wets day and usually 1-4 large poos a day. I noticed in last two weeks she can go a day wo poop but next morning huge blowout. Since u asked for more info i wrote it. :)

Gosh no, you didn't offend me at all, I was just concerned about your little one as you can get all sorts of advice, sometimes quite dodgy, on internet forums, that's why I said what I did. I didn't know you are already seeing professionals about it, sorry! Could you perhaps get a second opinion? Some babies are just long and skinny. Her diaper output definitely sounds good, and I'd expect any dr to take family traits etc. into account.

Thank you! My daughter was awake and active 16hrs straight yesterday and is only ten weeks. Im starting to think she needs sleep. Im constantly waking her to feed during the night/early morning every two/3 hrs. I noticed after bf i give her a bottle she drinks most of it then pushes it away does thst mean shes full?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->