please reasure me im not the only one

kirstr1984

tobys mom
Reaction score
Im 33 weeks suffering with piles. They itch lots, throb occasionally and are seriously getting me down. I have things hanging out of my bum and I feel discusting. I cant use anusol or those types of treatment as im allergic to one of the ingredients. My doc said they are piles but I cant help but worry its something else duw to constant itching inside

I got them at about the same stage. I used anusol and witch hazel on them.. They have really shrank and don't bother me now, although they are still there at 40+2.

Perhaps you could try witch hazel soaked cotton pads on them?

I suffered before getting pregnant with them and when they are bad they are a nightmare! The itching is normal and would ease if you were able to use an ointment bless ya. As PP says The witch hazel i have heard is good so give that a go - but also if they are really bad - ICE! Put ice cubes in a food bag and hold them on the swollen area, this should shrink them back a bit (remember they are only swollen blood vessels) - but we warned if you touch your skin around them with the ice you can freeze that too.

yeah, I had this with last pregnancy and also with this one. After my last labour I had an anal fissure which was so painful I had to go to doctors to get them to look at it (I have white coat syndrome so going to docs is a big deal for me).

I now have piles with this one and I'm more concerned about getting a fissure again after birth. I am trying to eat lots of nuts, seeds, orange juich etc to help but I don't think my iron tablets are helping much

Eating garlic and ginger helps shrink them and strengthen's the blood vessels.

Have baths too (if you can use Epsom salts then good to add)

Otherwise I use just witch hazel gel

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"