Plugged ducts

TXJen

Mommy to Max
Reaction score
Has anyone ever had plugged milk ducts and successfully dislodged the plug? I am trying everything I've been told to do (warm compresses, massage, pumping, feeding more, etc.) and can't seem to get it out! Hoping someone has a miracle cure that will help.

I've managed to unblock ducts through massaging while feeding, blooming hurts though.
Maybe wear a looser bra if you can? I have a couple of sleep bras that are really loose fitting that I prefer when having duct problems, think mine have been caused by too tight bras in the past

Take lecithin capsules. It is an emulsifier and is thought to work by making the fats in the milk not stick together as badly or something like that. I can only say that it definitely works. You can get soy lecithin in a health food store or online. I take sunflower lecithin personally. It is the same though, just derived from different sources.

See here: https://kellymom.com/nutrition/vitamins/lecithin/

This article talks about treatment of recurrent plugged ducts, but taken three times a day it really can help clear an actively clogged one, too, in combination with the methods you are already using. I take a maintenance dose every day just to keep things flowing well.

Has anyone ever had plugged milk ducts and successfully dislodged the plug? I am trying everything I've been told to do (warm compresses, massage, pumping, feeding more, etc.) and can't seem to get it out! Hoping someone has a miracle cure that will help.

Keep doing what you're doing!! You're doing all the right things. If it persists, or if you feel like you have flu-like symptoms, then see a doctor :)

Mastitis is awful and unmistakable :(

Are your nipples still cracking/bleeding/scabbing at all? If you look at your nipple and see white spots under a scabbed/thickened area, the milk can't break through a scab there. I used a sterilized needle on mine to break through the white spots, then massaged/milked/hot compressed. The released ducts poured out! I had to repeat every other day until the scab stopped forming, then all was as good as new.

I did the same things and read somewhere that using a sterile needle and getting you OH to suck on it works because you can tell them how hard to suck. I did this and it worked but I need to keep unblocking.

I've managed to unblock ducts through massaging while feeding, blooming hurts though.

Me too. I massaged the breast first before feeding and then when feeding I used two fingers to push from the top of the boob down to the nipple to force the milk through. It hurt like hell and took two days to unblock, but we got there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->