Plus plus glucose on my urine...:-(

Mrs-G

New Mummy
Reaction score
Went for routine midwife and got to go for glucose test at hospital on Monday - not too sure how I feel - with dd I tried to eat healthily and took vitamins - this time I've been very lazy, not took vitamins for months and eaten crap! Before appointment I had 2 large glasses of fresh orange and all I'd eaten was a bacon cob!!!

I'm hoping that it was just the oj but it's given me a wake up call that I need to start eating healthy and exercising - although I'm a really fussy eater so it's difficult to eat healthily.

Anyone had the test in the uk - how bad is it?

It's nothing really, is it the 3 hour one you are going for? The most I found it was boring! As you're not supposed to walk around as that can change the way your body processes the glucose. So sitting for 3 hours makes a very numb bum! I felt quite sick afterwards but that was down to not eating as the test is a fasting one. Just take some snacks with you for afterwards :) good luck xx

I'll really struggle to drink the drink, not bothered about fasting as its at 09:10am and I'm not bothered about eating in the morning. I can't even drink full fat coke!

Aw! That's nice and early! It's not a large amount in the cup nowhere near as much as a coke, but I do know that dependent on your area different trusts vary, some use actual lucozade but ours was just a sugary substance which didn't taste the best but hold your nose and you'll be ok ;) xx

Ps try not to be sick! You may have to repeat the test if you're sick :( xx

They made me have it in my last pregnancy even though I didn't meet any of the NHS trust's risk factors, it was the booking midwife who insisted on it and none of the other MWs I saw would dare reverse her decision, they used actual original lucozade but being a bit sadistic they put it in a manky old jug and left it overnight before using! In some hospitals I know they let you bring your own lucozade of your choice (can be any flavour too). It was very boring having to wait though I didn't yet have my iPhone at the time. OH bought me several magazines but I finished reading them all in the first 30 minutes. This time I'm under a different NHS trust and their approach is totally different, so I've not had to have the test but could choose to have it if I wanted to.

Please do not blame yourself. Vitamin intake is nothing to do with developing GD or your blood or urine glucose levels. Eating erratically shouldn't be a factor either xx

Sometimes your kidneys can get a bit lazy in pregnancy and not always break down the sugar but it doesn't necessarily mean you have gestational diabetes. Fingers crossed for u!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->