Plus size mum feeling gigantic

sproutly2003

Reaction score
I weighed in at over 21 stones at conception, and although I've lost 7lbs so far, I feel like a beast :-( just can't help but think 'OMG I'm only a third of the way through!' It's making me feel quite down and teary tonight

Please don't feel down about it, beating yourself up won't help :(
Just stay focused and remember that any weight gain now is for your wonderful baby to grow!
Keep a healthy diet and regular exercise such as swimming and walking as both will help when it comes to the birth too.

I put on 5 stone with DD and I remember being mortified especially when she came out at only 5lb 8oz lol!!!!

Try to only put on what they class as a healthy amount through your pregnancy 2-3 stone, you will lose it soon enough once you're running after a toddler :)

try not too beat your self up hun when your 21st like you say you shouldnt put much weight on and most will loose it just try and keep a really good diet really cut out the crap and if you dont already start some gentle exercise :) it will help you feel better and prepare you for labour try small muslce excerises theres websites
:hugs:

Oh honey, try not to let it get to you. Every pregnant woman on earth--plus size, regular size, "under" size--gets bigger in pregnancy. It's totally necessary. You WILL get a belly, no matter what you gain (or what you started out weighing)--obviously--but I can say from experience that the upshot of that bump is that it makes everything else look smaller! By the end of my last pregnancy my limbs looked like sticks. It was kind of ridiculous, actually. But it was all just distorted proportions.

There are plenty of fears and discomforts in pregnancy and all those hormones don't make it any easier to deal with. Try to focus on health, eat for nutrition (as often as you can manage), and TRY as best you can to forget about your appearance (I know, easier said than done). You're gestating a human being!!! Be kind to yourself. What you are doing is monumental.

Chin up!!:flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"