• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Poll: Is taking the "morning after pill" the same as aborting your baby?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tiggerpony

Reaction score
Just wandering what everyone thinks. Many people, including myself, have taken the morning after pill and at the time, no I didn't see it that I was aborting my baby...but, now, I feel it is. By taking the pill your body gets rid of the fertilized egg (so therefore, a life has started). My friend says it's not abortion because the "baby" hasn't got a brain or heart yet/ is not breathing. What do you think?

EDITED - SORRY I just realised I have posted this in the wrong part of the forum, appologies!

It depends what you class as a 'baby'. At the point the morning after pill works, it's still a ball of cells it's not even an embryo yet. It does however have all the DNA and 'potential' to become your baby though.

Personally, I've taken it twice, when I was eighteen. I don't feel bad because I don't think it was a baby yet, like it didn't have feelings or a heart or... anything but cells. I don't even know if I even would have got pregnant because I had no idea about my cycle at the time so I might not even have a fertilised egg in the first place.

I do think it's very different to an abortion, which I do believe you are killing a baby. I think once it's implanted and it starts growing a heart and legs and arms... then it's a baby and I wouldn't dream of doing anything to it.

Saying that though... now, at the stage of life I'm at, I don't really want to have another baby, but I wouldn't take the morning after pill because I know I'd cope if I had to and I think 'what will be will be'.

No, I dont think it is, for all the reasons mentioned above. All 5 of my children were conceived while either on the pill or using condoms that DIDN'T split, so I never had the chance to take the morning after pill those times.

I have taken it on 2 occasions when condoms have split though, who knows if that could have resulted in a baby? I see it as getting rid of some sells that might have been growing, and would turn into a baby in a few weeks time. Had I not taken it on those occasions, and did get pregnant from it.. theres no way I could have considered an abortion.

While BabyandBump tries to remain pro-choice on most subjects, out of respect for majority of our members that are either trying to conceive, or pregnant, we ask that you do not discuss topics on abortion and terminations outside of the 'Ethical Prenatal Losses' forum.

Thread locked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back