Polyp could be the cause of my loss

WishnandHopn

Reaction score
I had a saline infusion ultrasound today and they found a polyp in my uterus (1.5 cm x 0.9 cm). I had an early loss 6 weeks ago and the doctor said this polyp could have been the cause. It could also be the reason it took us longer to conceive, since it's in the anterior part of the uterus where implantation often occurs.

I have all these mixed feelings. On the one hand, I am relieved to have a possible answer and that it's something they should be able to remove easily with a day procedure. But on the other hand, I've been telling myself that the loss was just random and unlucky, likely a chromosomal problem due to my age (37). And now I feel like it was possibly a perfectly good, healthy embryo, but it just couldn't implant and develop properly because of the polyp. It makes me sad to think about it that way.

Of course I know it's not my fault, and there's no way to know for sure that's what caused it. I can't help feeling like my body has failed me. All I know is I want this polyp out of my uterus as soon as possible!

I'm sorry this is happening Wish and I know all to well about that internal struggle between wanting to know why and hoping you're perfectly healthy and it was just bad luck.

Did you have any symptoms? I've been getting a sharp pain on my left side during sex, and now I'm worried there's something there that the transvaginal ultrasound missed.

Thanks Les. I'm sorry for all you've gone through too.

The typical symptoms of polyps are irregular or heavy periods, mid-cycle spotting, infertility and miscarriage. It basically acts like an IUD and prevents implantation. I have had heavier crampier periods since going off birth control and I usually spot for a couple of days before AF and maybe one day around ovulation. I figured it was just my body going back to normal after being on the pill for half my life. Sometimes I have some deep pain while BDing around O time. I also gained about 12 lbs in the last year, and I really don't think I'm exercising less or eating more so I'm wondering if this could be related to the polyp?

I had a transvaginal ultrasound after my loss and it found nothing but an empty uterus. One month later, saline infusion ultrasound (also transvaginal) found the polyp. I have trouble believing it grew from nothing to the size of a grape in only one month. It's a pretty quick and not a painful procedure, I would recommend one if you're wondering.

Hope we both get some answers and our take home babies very soon!

Update: scheduled surgery to have this damn polyp removed on October 13! :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->