polyurethane changing pad

psychochick

Reaction score
Question about changing pad: I originally a foam changing pad on my registry with a pad cover. My friend recommended the keekaro peanut changer: https://www.buybuybaby.com/store/product/keekaroo-reg-peanut-changer/3272011 which is polyurethane. She said it's easy to just wash it in the tub when it gets messy to avoid doing laundry. Unfortunately this product is completely sold out everywhere that I can tell. I think there is still stock on amazon for like 50$ extra which I'm not willing to spend.

So question is: has anyone else used this and is it really worth the money? It is several times more expensive than foam changing pad. Also does anyone know of an alternative product that works similarly? Thanks

£79 for a change mat?!! I might be missing something but they all do the same Job don't they. As long as it wipes clean it's fine. I paid £5 for mine and they were fine.

£79 for a change mat?!! I might be missing something but they all do the same Job don't they. As long as it wipes clean it's fine. I paid £5 for mine and they were fine.

Yeah... I know haha. I also wonder if I can just lay down waterproof sheets for changing instead of using a foam pad. It's just that using a foam pad + cover requires doing laundry instead of just wiping clean. Are you using a waterproof pad?

Every change mat I've ever used is wipe clean, I use ones like this https://www.toysrus.co.uk/mobile/babiesrus/blue-stars-changing-mat/0122426 but I've also had travel ones that fold up

I've never had a changing pad. I just use the floor, a bed, the couch etc. Never needed anything water proof, but I usually lay a towel or cloth nappy down. Hardly ever had them peed on.

Never used a changing pad of any kind. I had one; given to me at my shower, but never used it. I threw a towel down on the floor or changed her on my bed. If anything, I'd get something cheap that you can wipe off, or, like you said, a waterproof sheet.

Oh my goodness, I just clicked on your link....I don't know why in the world anyone would pay almost $100 for a changing pad!

With DS1 I think we paid around £25/£30 for a cloth change mat and really regret spending that money. It didn't last. Ds2 has a £6 wipe clean pad from John Lewis and it's fine. Does the job, it's easy to clean, he seems comfortable and I won't care when it needs chucking. Sped the money on something useful like a snuzpod or baby carrier :thumbup:

Thanks for the input, this is my first baby so I don't really know what is worth the money and what isn't. I didn't even know about a snuzpod heheh I'll just opt for the cheap wipe-clean pad for now then. I like that it's portable too.

I had same as a PP a wash proof changing mat for DS & DD cost about £5-£10 a god send as my son used to pee when he was very little everytime I took his nappy off and my daughter peed a few times too and that just soaks everything underneath them :wacko:
also in the event of a nappy poonamie a wipeable change mat is needed :thumbup:

Oh and to stop it feeling cold under baby when changing I lay down muslin :thumbup:

I just use a waterproof pad on a towel on thr floor. The pads came in a pack of two for about ten dollars.

Thanks for the input, this is my first baby so I don't really know what is worth the money and what isn't. I didn't even know about a snuzpod heheh I'll just opt for the cheap wipe-clean pad for now then. I like that it's portable too.

Honestly I wasn't even sure what was worth the money the second time until I used them :haha: but i can honestly say a snuzpod will be worth it. We got the poddle pod and it's excellent but only lasts to 6 months I wish I'd got the snuzpod as it opens at the end and lasts till 18 months (ish) also got the ergo carrier it's so handy :thumbup:

You really don't need anything fancy. With this baby I added changing pad liners which care great. So I have a cheap foam changing pad that wipes clean, with a cover over it and then the liners. You can get different coloured liners from babies r us, but I just got cheap munchkin ones at target and they are great. I only have three and wash them if they get dirty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->