Poo every two days

caz_hills

Reaction score
Hi,

Quick question - my daughter is mixed fed - about 80% formula and then 20% breast milk as I'm pumping.

She is six weeks old and was pooing every day. It's now every other day - is that normal/ok? I was giving more breast milk but I'm reducing my pumping now - could that have contributed? She doesn't seem in pain or anything but has quite a bit of wind. She feeds on SMA.

We haven't done anything differently.

Thanks x

Yep I was told its normal for them to not poo everyday, my 2 week old poos every other day n I asked my health visitor n she said they have there own pattern just like we do n every other day is fine she even said if they go a few days its ok! X

Yep, totally normal. SMA does tend to be more constipating than other formulas, so you might try something else and see if it's better. But yes, when my daughter was that age (was BF, then combi fed, and then eventually all formula, but it made no difference in poos), she routinely went 4-5 days between poos. If she seemed uncomfortable, tummy massage, tiger in the tree pose, and sometimes gripe water usually sorted it out and brought on a poo. She was like that until she hit 6 months and started solids and then they became more regular. My husband went 28 days without a poo as a baby! Apparently, that's not normal and the midwives were a bit shocked to say the least, but it sorted itself out in the end with no lasting issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->