Pooing outside nappy

Sarah88

Full time working mummy
Reaction score
I have Ava in Huggies nappies and don't generally have a problem with them; but lately the poo has been leaking out the top of the nappy. Most of the time it's when she wakes up in the morning after her early morning nap (6:30-10:30).
She is right in the middle weight range of the current size, but I bought the bigger size which she just fits into and had the same problem...

Any ideas?

I was just going to suggest you switch to a bigger size but you already have. Maybe you can try pampers instead? Thats what Angelynn wore in the NICU when she was having loose stool and it never ever leaked out. Just buy a small pack and see how she does. Hope you have no more icky messes to clean up!!! :dohh:

are you using natural fit, or leak lock? the reason I ask is because I found that leak lock always leaked... yet I never have had a problem with natural fit. :hug:

The last two poopy diapers that Hannah had while wearing Huggies (we rarely buy them but they were on sale) leaked through! Won't be buying them again

Jasmine leaked with huggies, no other nappies for us but pampers now

Can you get pampers in Aus? Don't remember seeing them...
And we only have one type of Huggies, for her size in Aus.

The last two poopy diapers that Hannah had while wearing Huggies (we rarely buy them but they were on sale) leaked through! Won't be buying them again

Jasmine leaked with huggies, no other nappies for us but pampers now

it seems like I will get a "good batch" of huggies sometimes, and other times a "bad batch" My sister has the same problem-one time she had such a bad batch, the whole bag was improperly made and her boyfriend called huggies and they sent them a few coupons for a couple free bags of huggies...

Thats not a bad idea! Might give them a call. Normally she doesn't leak out of them!

I haven't had an issue with Huggies, I have with pampers though! I think its the luck of the draw with how they're made.

Just called Huggies, have to send them a sample of each pack and they will send me some replacements after they check them out. Might see if I can find some pampers as well though and put her in them when I know she will poo

I have this problem with Lauryn quite often-with both Huggies and Pampers but worse with huggies. Always have to have a change of clothes with me!!
Although sometimes I don't think any nappy could cope with what comes out of her at times!!:rofl:

We always had leaks with huggies, we switched to bum genius reusables and that sorted it, no leaks since.

I had the same problem with Huggies, EVERYTHING was leaking out. I just use Pampers now and I have only had the problem once the other day and it leaked out the leg hole. Hopefully they have some there in Australia for you!

Thats so strange how so many people are having problems with the huggies! We've had nothing but good luck with them. Well except for the preemie huggies. those were a joke. I wonder if maybe they fit differently because of differnt body types?
I hope you get a better batch next time. If you have pampers there may as well give them a try :)

I've never tried huggies so I can't give you feedback on them but I use Pampers and never had this problem.
Maybe it's just the odd batch if you never had problems with them before?

I have had this happen so many times with Huggies, I recently stopped using them and started using Pampers cruisers and have had no problems whatsoever! :)

OMG, how on earth are huggies still producing??!!! I barely know anyone with a good thing to say about them!

we'e the same, we had huggies when we first had maddi, and they leaked, so we use pampers always. however have had this happen with pampers, and i no it sounds dumb but its because (usually james or my mum) doesn't pull the leg flap's out :dohh: x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->