Pooping After Every Feed

My 2 week old does this too and my mom said all her kids did as well. I assume it's fairly normal. :shrug:

Thanks for replying! I was getting concerned, I thought everything was going straight through her and she was getting no nourishment. I am SO paranoid lately..

I was told as long as BM is seedy yellow and is actually having frequent BM then that is what is more important. I swear that this is where the saying "out with the old, in with the new" came from! I was also told to just say that she goes 3 - 4 times because the volume isn't a full movement every time. She has about 1 full diaper and then a whole bunch of partial diapers along with a few that are just smears. For us it happens usually WHILE she is feeding which then I have to put her down because she stops drinking and focuses on pooping. So annoying.

She is a little lean mean pooping machine!

At that age, yes. It's great because it's predictable and you can avoid dirty diapers by holding him over a container or toilet. It's sooo much easier to clean that way!

I was told as long as BM is seedy yellow and is actually having frequent BM then that is what is more important. I swear that this is where the saying "out with the old, in with the new" came from! I was also told to just say that she goes 3 - 4 times because the volume isn't a full movement every time. She has about 1 full diaper and then a whole bunch of partial diapers along with a few that are just smears. For us it happens usually WHILE she is feeding which then I have to put her down because she stops drinking and focuses on pooping. So annoying.

I used to nurse Violet bare-bummed over a container so that she could nurse and poop without disruption.

Yes it's normal for some. Others can go days without a dirty nappy. Either way is fine. My LO has always pooped loads, still 3 or 4 times a day at 12 months old.

I used to nurse Violet bare-bummed over a container so that she could nurse and poop without disruption.

Well, right now she is still a really sleepy girl and falls asleep halfway through feeding so I put her down to finish pooping while I pump and then I change her which usually wakes her up and by then she's ready to finish feeding so it works out for us.

Yes its normal for bf babies, my DD was doing so but these past few days has been doing about 2 massive poos rather thanloads of small ones :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->