Pooping question

sheldonsmommy

Reaction score
I posted this in baby club but didn't get any responses, so I'll try here :)

Does anyone else's lo poop infrequently?

My son is pooping every 6 days or so. He is breast fed. He doesn't seem to have any discomfort other than several hours before he poops.

At his 2 month check up the doctor suggested peg3350, or laxaday. I'm worried it will mess with his digestive system.

Anyone have similar experiences? Please share!

Both of my twins do this. Anywhere between 5-8 days they'll have one, maybe two, poops. They don't show any discomfort so we haven't been too worried. Our Dr told us that if they don't act like they're in pain then they are fine.

We have exactly the same, known in our house as 'poo strike'. LO is also breast fed, queried with health visitor and Dr as was going every 5 days or so. Was told by Health visitor they can go up to 12 days between poos and as long as it's still runny ( not solid), not straining to go or in obvious pain plus having lots of wet nappies then it's fine.

When he does go its explosive though. We know about it when he does!!! And he has the smelliest farts too!!!

My LO is on infacol for wind and we thought that was doing it, but was the same when we came off it briefly

Savour the fact you are using less wipes and nappy changes are generally quicker lol

Thanks ladies! Most of what I've read has tended to agree with you. My doctor is the only one that is concerned.

We use cloth stuff, so it is nice not to have poopy diapers waiting to be washed, but man does he unload on day 6! It's just foul.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->