Positive for early labour :( to early!!

jadeybabe88

Reaction score
So i came in hospital yesday with contractions and show and they checked me below tested cam back positive and said my cervix is open 2 cm n said i need to go labour now so gave me ateriod injection and magnesium drips all nite and today and to stop the contractions which slowed them right down i now i havw to stay in further two.more nights coz once the drip as done at 5ish today i cud start.to have contractions agaon and this time they wont be stoping it im sooo scared im 29 weeks 4 days :( anyone been in this situation before and what happens they cant say if i will go in labour or not

Dr's will do everything they can to stop your labor. Even if it's just days, every moment that little one is inside you is important. 30 weeks is so early but NICU are so advanced. Advocate for yourself if you feel the need to.

I went into PTL at 31 and they managed to stop, but I wasn't progressing. It was still the most gut wrenching scared moment of my life. Stay strong and vent if you need to.

Sending hugs and positive thoughts!
I have a colleague who had the same thing around 29 weeks, and after 2 weeks in the hospital, it all stopped and she went home! She delivered her baby at 39 weeks.

Like drudai said, 29 weeks have good odds. Yes, they will need care, but their lungs have done quite a few milestones by now. Any day your LO gets in there is great and if IF baby comes out, you'll have doctors right there to take care of you and the LO!

:hugs:

So i came in hospital yesday with contractions and show and they checked me below tested cam back positive and said my cervix is open 2 cm n said i need to go labour now so gave me ateriod injection and magnesium drips all nite and today and to stop the contractions which slowed them right down i now i havw to stay in further two.more nights coz once the drip as done at 5ish today i cud start.to have contractions agaon and this time they wont be stoping it im sooo scared im 29 weeks 4 days :( anyone been in this situation before and what happens they cant say if i will go in labour or not

Hi Jadey,

I’m so sorry that you are going through this and am keeping my fingers crossed for you that everything stops and Little One stays put!

I was admitted 3 weeks ago at 26 weeks with contractions and a positive test, and as drudai said it is the most terrifying experience. I’m still terrified every day that the next cramp I get is going to be the one that leads to DS arriving, but importantly it hasn’t so far... I’m 29+2 now so have held on for 3 weeks so far. I’m hoping for many more weeks as I’m sure you are too.

I don’t have any advice really as nobody has been able to tell me when or if things will either escalate or settle either... but I have seen lots of stories of people who have managed to stop things and then haven’t laboured for many more weeks or have even gone full term. So it’s hard but I really don’t think anybody can predict. All I am doing is resting as much as possible and keeping really hydrated. Hopefully you will be on your way home soon to rest and keep baby cooking.

I’m sending you lots of hugs and best wishes x

Dr's will do everything they can to stop your labor. Even if it's just days, every moment that little one is inside you is important. 30 weeks is so early but NICU are so advanced. Advocate for yourself if you feel the need to.

I went into PTL at 31 and they managed to stop, but I wasn't progressing. It was still the most gut wrenching scared moment of my life. Stay strong and vent if you need to.

They wont stop.it aftrt.tonite theybhave gave me all the steriods n magnesium to help yhr baby ig he comes

Hope things stall out for you! I had a positive test at 32 weeks and went on to deliver a healthy girl at 38+3

Hope you’re doing okay and that things are stopping Jadey.

Hopefully it won’t be needed but I’ve been told that it makes a massive difference that you’ve had the steroids, so you definitely have that in your favour.

Thanku i got stay in anothrt nite incase i go into labour because im off the drip.that stops labour now n yh steriods n magnesium as helped.thr baby incase n movements ave gone really slow today so.gna tel them when they come bk round x

My DS movements slowed down a lot on my second day in hospital, the consultant blamed the codeine making the baby sleepy and everything was fine. Definitely worth mentioning and getting it checked out. Good luck

Now i got period back ache n front too ive just had morphine hope thos not the start of it all

It's a bacterial infection, super common, in the anus or vaginal area. Normally doesn't affect women but just to be on the safe side, they test women normally around 37 weeks so if she tests positive, they give antibiotics for baby. Don't want baby to get it that little as an infection can hurt them quickly.

For me at 31 weeks, they just gave me antibiotics as soon as I got there, because there wasn't time to wait in labs. But I will be tested again today, just in case. More than likely they tested you since your condition is still up in the air, so they'll give you antibiotics, just to protect little one.

It's such a simple swab! Most areas ladies swab themselves in the exam room, no midwife or nurse needed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->