Positive IUD Reviews

Alyssa Drough

Reaction score
Not sure if this is the right forum to post this in, so I apologise if it is.

My GP has advised that I try the non-hormonal copper coil.

I was on the pill for years but started to get really bad at remembering to take it, and I've tried the implant but really don't get on with it.

I like the fact that there's no hormones in it but I've heard a lot of horror stories about lots of bleeding for the first few weeks or months (which is what happened with the implant and has seriously impacted my sex life), and also lots of pain and cramping. It seems like everyone's symptoms settle down after a few months but I don't wanna spend another long period of time unable or unwilling to have sex waiting for things to normalize.

Is this the norm or is it a one of those things where people shout about the negative experiences and awful times they have?

Hi I've just had my copper coil removed as we are TTC #2 but just wanted to say my experience was really positive. I'd had it for a little over 2 years, felt no pain or discomfort when it was out in. I did spot for about a day but then nothing since. My periods were slightly heavier and period pains slightly more intense but I knew this before as this is quite common. I would definatly have it again x

I love mine!!! Had it for almost a year with no problems whatsoever. A bit more spotting before my period, but that's about it. I'd recommend it to everyone :)

I had the mirena due to extremely heavy irregular periods. I had light spotting for a few weeks which was a pain but then nothing at all. Compared to the horrendous periods I had before I felt like I got my life back. I was able to feel the strings to check but hubby never noticed.

I have to go back to the mirena after I have my LO for medical reasons but I'd donor anyway for BC and would definitely recommend it.

I had the copper IUD (paragard) for 4 years (before taking it out to TTC) and loved it. It did cause my periods to be maybe 1 extra day longer and cramps were a tad more painful just on the very first day, but overall I loved it. I spotting only slightly on the day they put it in and that was it. I didn't have like weeks of bleeding or anything.

I never had to remember to do anything, and hormonal birth control always messed up my system, I had major hair loss, it was awful. So I loved being hormone free and still have an effective way of birth control. I know there are risks to it just like everything else, but I never once experienced a problem.

I would get it again but my hospital/doctor is a catholic hospital and they only allow mirena, which I was considering, but it still has hormones. I pregnant and am having a c-section and we are done with kiddos after this so I'm also considering getting my tubes ties. We shall see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->