Positive OPK on CD9??

Elhaym

It's a girl :)
Reaction score
I am so confused. Decided to start OPKs from today - last cycle was 31 days, so would expect ov around CD16-18. Well, I just got a positive OPK - both lines were the exact same colour. I'm so confused now! I'm only on CD9! Is it possible to have a long luteal phase of 20 days or so? Hope this doesn't mean there's anything wrong... :(

Anyone any ideas? xx

ETA - added pic - sorry it's a bit blurry!

Attachments

• opk.jpg
    opk.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 18
Hmmmm could it possible that you will be on a shorter cycle, I know the leutal phase can be longer than 14 days, but not too sure how much longer though.....

It is possible that you could bve going to Ov early (normally the day after a positive OPK) but don't forget that a positive OPK only shows that your body intends to ovulate, not that it actually has. You would see a significant temp rise and a sustained period of higher temperatures afterwards to confirm that you have ovulated. The OPK only shows that your body is producing LH, the tempr ise shows that ovulation has occured and progesterone is being produced. So, if you're not temping then you have no way to know if you have actually ovulated (though most people assume that you have). Sometimes your body produces the LH, you get a positive OPK and then for whatever reason (stress, illness etc) you don't actually Ov. Your body will keep trying periodically until you do though :) Sorry if you already knew all that!!

You could be going early this cycle and going to have a shorter cycle this month, I suddenly jumped forward was CD16 Ov to CD13 Ov last cycle and CD14 Ov this cycle so it does vary.

Hope that helps?

xxx

Thanks ladies, not sure what is happening but will just have to wait and see. I know it is possible for people to have 'false' LH surges before the real one, so maybe I just caught one of those, or I could be ov'ing early and having a shorter cycle.

It does help, thanks Laura! will have to make sure I keep BDing - I haven't since Monday so was annoyed as I thought I had missed my chance already! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vz99vet
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->