positive opks for 4 days

Hellymay83

Reaction score
Hi ladies, I'm in need of some advice.

Dh and I are ttc after a mmc in February. I had my firs strong positive on an opk on Saturday morning but I'm still getting strong positives today (Tuesday)

On Saturday I had really bad cramps in my right side, around my hip, I usually get ovulation pain so I thought this was it but now 3 days on the opks are still positive I don't know if I did ovulate or if there is something wrong with me? :shrug:

Does anyone have any advice or has this happened to anyone else and all been ok?

I'm not 100% sure, but didn't want to read and run! I'm sure that when you get your first +ve OPK you're supposed to start testing because you're body is all over the shop after and the readings are basically invalid. The only way you have of definitely knowing when you've ovulated is by temping, but obviously it's too late to start that this cycle. I would assume that you've already ovulated, and you're not sure, maybe give temping a go from next cycle (although fingers crossed you don't even have to!!!)

Thank you hun, I have no idea where to even start temping but I'll do some research and give it a go next cycle. Xx

I don't temp, but the basics from what I know are that you have a basal thermometer, because it's more accurate. You test first thing in morning before you even move, at the same time every day, and plot the temperature on a chart. I think you have a little dip and then it goes very high the day after you've ovulated. :) Someone might pop on and say it a bit better than me - like I say, I don't do it - but I think that's the jist of it!

I often get 4 days of +OPK's. It could be that you are releasing 2 eggs within 24 hours of each other and it is extending your window. That's how fraternal twins are conceived. It could also be that you were gearing up to O and then didn't. It could also mean that you caught the surge at the very beginning and the very end. I also heard it could be a sign of PCOS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->