Positive signs of ov but neg opk?

rjsmam

Reaction score
Hey all,

Am confoooosed, i'm having ov signs; cramps, sore boobs and tonight lottsa ewcm. pretty sure it means i'm ov-ing. buuuut am not even getting a faint line on an opk? i guess tomorrows temp will tell me - but anyone else experience this?

x

EWCM is tied to estrogen levels not LH levels so you could easily have EWCM but never ovulate. The abdominal and breast discomfort could be due to your body wanting to ovulate.

Most women have an anovulatory cycle here and there which is normal. I have one once a year usually and have for the last 10-11 years. This would be defined as not having the usual temp spike after your ewcm patch.

If you don't have a temp spike after your ewcm patch for several months in a row- have your doc check you out for polycystic ovarian syndrome. (PCOS)

:dust:

thanks Margerle! i've been temping for a few months but am just starting out with opks.. i usually always get a temp spike so i hope i am oving - is the neg opks possibly down to user error - did i maybe miss the surge? i've been taking them once a day fro cd 11 ....

I think you maybe did miss the surge - I was just explaining to another poster that my opks are VERY faded during the majority of my cycle. Then in the span of a few hours they start to fade to dark. The positive usually only lasts one or two opks depending when my surge hits in relation to when I test, then it goes to almost nothing again. I typically test once per day around 11am until I start to see some darkening... then I move to testing twice (or more typically) three times a day (11 am, 4pm, and 7-8pm) until I see another negative. I do this to make sure I can see as much of the LH surge as possible so I know when to expect to ovulate.

Anyway that's my method - again I use cheapy wondofo test strips which have worked very well against the information I've gathered from bbt as well. They seem to be spot on!

:dust:

many thanks!! :flower: i've noticed the cheapy strips i'm using don't have much dye even for the control line. gonna hope for a spike tom & maybe invest in better tests next month

x

Hi rjsman!! If your temp rises tomorrow I'm sure you O yesterday. You may get a dark soy opk today or tomorrow.

thanks madrid!! it rose slightly today & i'm hoping to see 2 more temp rises over the next two days - which i've even tested in FF lol - that will give me cross hairs!!

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->