positive sweep stories & lots of come on baby vibes pls!

bellified86

Reaction score
So my EDD was the 18th may (though originally the 23rd) and I'm still here, in one piece!

Had a sweep on Tuesday but inner cervix was closed and quite posterior. MW hoped sweep would get things going. Had bloody site after and cramps tuesday and wednesday. Have had another sweep this morn and inner cervix was 1.5cm dilated and 2cm thick, plus much further forward. Had more bloody show straight after and since & been getting more cramps too. I'm booked for induction tomorrow morning, which I don't want and can refuse but if I don't start labour before that appt I can't have baby at my local midwife led unit, like I want, but have to go to another consultant led hospital 30 mins away.

Anyone think I stand any chance of going before then or get any tips or tricks I can try to help things along?! Really wanted bubs to come in its own time but I'd so much prefer to be at midwife led unit!

Come on baby, play nice, I've been so patient so far!!

Had 2nd sweep yesterday and in labour now! going to head to hospital soon!

I'm with you there. My due date was the 21st. I'm scheduled to be induced on Tuesday. i've been trying everything to get this little booger out of there, but, so far, nothing. I've been using evening primrose orally since 36 weeks, vaginally since 38. Raspberry leaf capsules/tea since 36 weeks, walking, eating spicy food, bouncing on an exercise ball, and having sex (only once a few days ago, I just can't stand the thought of myself naked at this point! :haha:) I had my membranes stripped on Tuesday (I was 4cm and 50% effaced) have seemed to have lost my plug in pieces since then, but still am having VERY few contractions. So as for hints to get your labor rolling, I'm coming up empty handed:shrug:. I understand about wanting to go through the midwives instead of a doc. I think that at this point, it's probably best to just try to remember that the ultimate goal is healthy baby, healthy mom. Even though induction isn't what you wanted (me either) just know that inductions work better when you are as far along as you are, and that either way, you will be holding your baby in the next couple days. Good luck to you, and I'll be sending lots of labor vibes your way!

That's fab news BabyB2! Hope all goes well & good luck! X

MOMRETTIRC - at least we both know we are not the only ones with stubborn baby's! Sending you lots of positive thoughts too & healthy baby, healthy mum definitely aim of the game. Hope to hear something has happened for you.

X x

Any news ladies? I went to consultant unit this morning & luckily they were really busy so have managed to delay induction until at least Sunday. When they monitored me on the CTG it turns out I was having contractions every 10 mins which I couldn't feel, so I'm really hoping something further develops. Have been for a fairly long walk this aft & keeping optimistic! :)

Thinking of u both

X

That sounds promising belli! I had another sweep yesterday, and had an induction acupuncture session this morning. I had tons of contractions during the acupunture but they've since died off and now nothing.:cry: I hope today is your day, and that you don't have to be induced tomorrow, but even so, just know that you'll be holding your baby soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->