Positive tests but AF shows up but late :(

Shedevil18

Reaction score
This has happened twice to me in the past 3 months. I have gotten a positive test but then AF shows her nasty ol face but is late.

I have been told these are called chemical pregnancies. What am I doing wrong that I can't stay pregnant? Should I be doing something different?

I have been taking folic acid for the past 6 months, lost some weight etc.

I don't know what to do :(

It's heartbreaking. This is the only thing that I want, a little one to call my own. We get the BFP and get so excited and then it happens again.

Any advice would be appreciated.

I don't have any suggestions but bumping your post so hopefully someone will respond

a pregnancy that doesn't take (ie early miscarriage or chemical pregnancy)is generally non viable due to chromosomal abnormalities. There's nothing you can do to stay pregnant, BUT you might want to consider having your husband get a Sperm Analysis. If his results come back abnormal that may explain things, and as difficult as it is the upside is that you can get pregnant, it's likely just a matter of correct sperm. IUI may be a viable option in that case as the sperm wash "generally" removes undesirable sperm.

There are some other biological issues that may also be a problem, a progesterone level may be in order if you havent had one, progesterone helps with ovulation and early support of a pregnancy. What im not sure of is if would cause a miscarriage that early or not.

If you have been TTC for over a year it's probably time to talk to someone, if it's been less you may want to try to get some basic bloodwork done anyway, LH, LSH, AMH and progesterone :)

Have only been TTC since December 2013. I know my doctors wont do anything until we have been TTC for a year or more.. she has already said so. She said I am young and healthy so I shouldn't have any problems... well obviously something isnt right...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->