Possessive child !

LisaWeiss

Reaction score
My child is 4 years old . He is studying in junior kindergarten at Sunnybrook School at Ontario. He don't like me to hugging or caring other babies or kids . He never share his toys . He talks a lot to me . But his teacher says he is very shy at school . Doesn't talk much or play with other kids . She also said that he is a very bright student when comes to his studies . What should I do . How can I change his behavior ?

That's tough- I think all kids are part temperment (what they are born with) and part environment... but both factor. It is very common behavior around 2-4yrs... My LO get's a bit needier if she see's me holding another baby or playing with her cousin- not all the time, but it's normal. And all kids really go through the "that's mine" stage- it's just how they problem solve, they see something, they want it, they take it (there's or not). Pretty simple really.

As the parents- we just step in when needed and guide and encourage them to take turns or share food or whatever else is needed. I'm not sure how to change that behavior- other than time and effort. If it's something you feel needs work- maybe see if there are any books on it. There are books on everything parent related it seems! lol.

If this is not "normal" behavior for him- then most likely just a stage and will pass in time. If he's always been this way- it's part of who he is and in time, as he grows, he will learn more self control and who he is and how that related to life situations.

Sorry I'm not much help... maybe others will be :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->