Possible chemical pregnancy

deliadele

Reaction score
Hi everyone I am very new to these forums so sorry I don't know all the abbreviations but really need some advice.
On 6th May I came on what i thought was my period. Was very very light 1st 2 days but fairly heavy on day 3 and 4. On 10th May I woke up with terrible stomach cramps, was doubled up in pain.
Someone at work told me to do preg test so I did thinking it was waste of time but got three very faint positive results.
Had blood test done on 11th and got results to confirm preg but doc says may have had early loss because of bleeding and pain.
Now I have to wait until this Thursday to get another blood test done and it is driving me insane as me and my husband are desperate for kids and have been trying for 18 mths. Did another clearblue test and got a strong positive result.
If i have had early loss/chemcial preg surely my hcg levels would be decreasing and would not get a strong pos result 1 week late. Don't know if am clutching at straws though. Any thoughts/advice welcome.
Thanks!

I am sorry you are going through all of this. I think your best bet is to wait for another blood test to compare both HCG results. That will tell you exactly what is going on. Best of luck! Let us know how you make out.

hcg can be a fickle beast so while I wouldn't say for sure that you should give up hope, I would also be careful not to get your hopes up too high until your results. I hope that this is your miracle. Good luck this week x

i want to give you a bit of hop its always good to have hope, when i had my 3 chemical pregnancies my lines never got dark and they went negative a few days after i started bleeding. I do agree with croydon girl hcg can be a fickle thing x

If you have a competent GYN, they should redrawing your blood to check your HCG levels once a week until you're back at 0. I am under the impression that this is standard practice for early losses.

I mean they can't say "oh, we think you're having a CP....ok, well, see you next year for your pap smear."

If they didn't arrange to do another blood draw, I would call your doc and 1. ask why and 2. schedule one :)

There are reasons that they are supposed to continue to follow your HCG back to 0...such as it's only a partial and there is still tissue inside you that didn't expel or it wasn't a miscarriage to begin with.

On the other hand, HCG can continue to rise for a few days after the bleeding starts. My first MC I kept getting faint positives until I was 2 weeks into my miscarriage I tested because I had one test leftover and it was a more obvious positive than any of the others...unfortunately I was still having a miscarriage.

I hope that you get a miracle. Good Luck!

Well not looking good been to docs today for second blood test, i will get the results either tomorrow or Friday. However doc said first blood hcg levels very low at 14 and i am approx 4 weeks pregnant so looks like had a chemical pregnancy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->