Possible indication of SPD?

Buggzxxx

Reaction score
Hi, Im currently 12 weeks and so far have had a fairly trouble free pregnancy. However, for the past week if I walk anywhere my pubic bone mildly aches. Obviously Ive googled and SPD popped up... Im hoping its something that will pass... What do you think? X

It's possible of course, but I think every woman gets slight pelvic pain in pregnancy due to the softening of the ligaments. I had SPD with all my pregnancies to the point of immobility, so I'm dreading it again this time (number 4)
For me, the first symptoms are in my lower back when something slips out of place then clunks back in when I'm going from sitting to standing. I don't get front pelvic pain up until later on in pregnancy.
Good luck!

Too early to say, could be usual aches and pains,
I had spd during my last pregnancy,
I'm only 7 weeks and these last few days have felt that familiar pain return :nope:

This time mine started with slight aching around 7-8 weeks. It hasn't been too (yet) bad because I know what to avoid but I have had more definite pain since, especially after walking a few miles.

I mentioned it at my booking appointment and have been referred for physio. I'm hoping physiotherapy will help.

I'd ask your doctor to refer you to physio if it continues. The earlier you are seen the better, or so I'm told. By the time i saw the physio last time there was nothing they could do, and it's back already!

The physio did say that Pilates will help to strengthen my core and that if I didn't start after preg #1 that each subsequent pregnancy would be worse, so I've been doing pilates for more than a year and i am hoping it will help.

I started noticing aching hip joints from about 9wks it got worse and worse. I got physio referral at 12wk appointment. Feel for you hon spd really stopped me enjoying my pregnancy :(

Thanks everybody. I will book an appointment with the doc just incase while its still mild. Hopefully will be something of nothing :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->