possible reflux in ebf baby????

Kirstiedenman

Reaction score
Has anyone had experience with reflux in an ebf baby? Im not sure if my little one has it but he seems to projectile quite often and my first never did so im not sure if it can be considered normal or if I should have him checked for relux. Tia

It certainly can happen. My niece has it and is ebf. Try some feeding positions where he is a bit more upright and keep him upright for 20-30 mins after feeds. My sis has done these things and noticed a huge improvement.

My lo is quite sicky. The health visitor said that its as common for breastfed babies as it is for formula fed ones. I asked what i could do and she said that as long as hes putting on weight and its not annoying them too much to not worry about it

Great thanks ladies, I have started doing the more upright feeding and he seems to get his wind up alot easier now so I think that may have been one of the reasons.

My LO is ebf and has quite severe reflux. She would throw up almost everything she ate, had weight gain issues and was not very happy. She was actually put on a medication for her reflux because she had the weight issues, first ranitidine then omeprazole and was like a different baby once on the omeprazole. In terms of getting your LO checked for reflux as long as he is happy and gaining well it really shouldn't be a problem for him.

My LO is ebf and has quite severe reflux. She would throw up almost everything she ate, had weight gain issues and was not very happy. She was actually put on a medication for her reflux because she had the weight issues, first ranitidine then omeprazole and was like a different baby once on the omeprazole. In terms of getting your LO checked for reflux as long as he is happy and gaining well it really shouldn't be a problem for him.

Hi sorry to butt in,can I ask how comes your lo was,taken off ranitidine? My dd had,reflux and,was taking ranitidine,and it was,a life saver however now my ds is taking it it doesn't seem to be helping.

Hi sorry to butt in,can I ask how comes your lo was,taken off ranitidine? My dd had,reflux and,was taking ranitidine,and it was,a life saver however now my ds is taking it it doesn't seem to be helping.

She got taken off because it really wasn't making much of a difference and she had bad diarrhea from it as well the omeprazole has been amazing though. If you're not finding the ranitidine works I would definitely mention trying a different medication with your lo's doctor, untreated reflux sucks :hugs: .

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->