Possibly a stupid question about detergent

Rachel_C

Reaction score
If 1/4 the amount of detergent is enough to clean pooey nappies at 30 or 40 degrees, why do we ever need to use the full amount? Is that a really stupid question? I just can't think why we ever would use the full dose when 1/4 gets yukky poo stains out! Am I missing something obvious?

i never use the full amount they recommend, the reason they say that amount is to get you to use more therefore buy more (money making) I only every use 1/4 of the amount the recommend and our stuff always comes out clean, fresh and smelling lovely :)

the chemicals build up in the fabric affecting absorbency - an occasional 'strip' wash uses a full dose on hot wash and several rinse cycle can clear a build up.

a build up can also cause nappy rashes - another reason to 1/4 dose

Sorry I didn't word it very well, I meant why would we need to use the full amount on clothes etc? If 1/4 can clean a poo stain, I think it should cope with my normal "worn once" clothes.

Think you're right about the money, buttonnose!

I have only ever used a 1/2 measure for any clothes etc you dont need anywhere near what they recommend.

I never use full dose for anything.
I use tablets for non bio, so its always one tab for nappies or Alexs clothes and with liq for our stuff its half a cap.

Does this count for something like the Bambino Mio nappy wash. The instructions say 1 scoop along with 1/2 normal detergent, but should I be using less of this stuff? It's all so confusing!

I think for specific nappy wash, they know that you'll be washing nappies with it so use the full dose it says on the packet. Tots Bots Potion (nappy wash) doesn't come with instructions at all (doh) so I emailed them and they said to use a full dose of it.

. Tots Bots Potion (nappy wash) doesn't come with instructions at all (doh) so I emailed them and they said to use a full dose of it.

That's a bit naughty of them! Is the Tots Bots one any good. I have nothing much to compare it to, other than the Bambino Mio one, it seems ok :shrug:.

I really didn't like the Tots Bots one. It didn't get my nappies sparkly although they seemed clean, but after a week or so the nappies started to smell. I've never had that problem with ecover or persil before so I've stopped using the Tots Bots.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->