Possibly miscarrying and frightened

mamma_roo88

Reaction score
My husband and I have been neither trying nor preventing a pregnancy and two days ago, I confirmed that I was pregnant with three positive home pregnancy tests. I went to the doctor the next day and confirmed the pregnancy there, but they sent me to the ER because I was having spotting/cramping/had had a normal period this month. At the ER, they took a blood test and said that my hcg was at 497. They also did two ultrasounds on me (one of which was pretty invasive), but they said they couldn't find a baby. Consequently, they said I was most likely miscarrying. I'm absolutely devastated. apparently, they're taking me to have more bloodwork done on Tuesday to see if the levels go up or down and I won't know anything until then, but I can't stand not having any answers! The doctors at the ER were very short with me and wouldn't answer any of the questions I had: two of which were: is it possible that the baby is okay and is it possible that the pregnancy is still so early that the baby just didn't show up? My husband left for L.A a month ago and so I know that I HAVE to be at about a month, but is it possible that it's just still too small??? I definitely wasn't comforted when the ER doctors told me that they weren't specifically trained in this kind of thing...Does anyone have any opinions/advice? My husband and I are going out of our minds and we hate this waiting game. I really just want to know EITHER WAY so that I can start to deal with it (especially if it is a possible miscarriage) :-( Thank you so much.

I'm sorry you're going through a scary situation! I hope that you get some answers asap and that everything is fine with your little bean!! Keep us posted!

I'm so sorry about what you are going through. :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: I hoPe you get some answers soon, but don't give up hope anything is possible, try not to stress too much just incase you do a have a sticky bean. If OH left about a month ago and you DTD the day he left, sperm can live up to 5 days and then it can take up to 12dpo to implant (I think?) so there is a chance it could be too early to see something :hugs:
:hug:

big cuddles!!! :) i am so sorry what you are having to go through!! i've got you in my prayers!! i really hope nothings wrong xxxxx

it's probably just too early to see anything. I had a vaginal ultrasound with my last pregnancy. I think i was about 6 weeks, and i did see baby, but i think we barely heard a heartbeat. :dust:

It is too early. There is a reason they wait till about 5 to 6 weeks before doing an ultrasound. And if your levels are under 1000....which they are..you wont be able to see much of anything. Yours are under 500 still. Dont panic ok...i know easier said then done but I think who ever delt with you at the hospital should be better qualified as they should know this. Cramping is very normal in pregnancy...its the odd lucky one that doesnt experience it. I am not saying that everything is ok 100% because im not a doctor but with having less the 500 level...that would explain why they didnt see anything. Big hugs to you and hope you find comfort in your next blood work results =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->