Post Egg transfer care....

Mamamirfy

Reaction score
I'm having my little embies brought back home on Wednesday and I'm wondering what everyone has done afterwards. How many days bed rest? Lotsa of water? Eat? What did you do that you think played a role in helping that embryo implant? Thanks ladies!

Hi Mama, I took two days off after ET. Luckily mine was done on a Thursday so I ended up getting 4 days off in a row. I basically acted like I had a cold. I stayed on the couch except to get something to eat or drink, to walk the dog, or to go to the bathroom. My DH didn't take any time off so I had to do all the basics myself. I did not lift anything or do any housework at all during those 4 days. It was hard to resist the urge to do some cleaning up but worth it. I didn't change my eating or drinking habits at all. I was already eating pretty healthy and drinking lots of water due to trying to keep off ohss.

Good luck!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Deeni!! I had a cold prior to Egg collection so I'm already feeling cooped up. I made a point of getting out the last two days and will again tomorrow so I don't feel like I've become the Infertility Hermit of the West. Thanks for your reply and Congrats! I love a good success story. Off to read your journal :)

Hey, i had a week off after transfer as thought i would need it.

My clinic said that research shows that bed rest is not necessary and plays no part in a healthy pregnancy HOWEVER, i wanted to know that i did all i good - IYKWIM??

So basically the day of transfer i came home and went to bed, the following day i pottered around the house, nothing strenuous (no housework) and then the day after i allowed myself to drive places but still took it easy - no gym work!

Food wise i ate normally, balanced, healthy and continued with 2-3ltr of water... alternated with my progesterone suppositories between front and rear door!x

Hey Mamamirfy...

I had D3 transfer on a Saturday, 2 hours before it I had an acupuncture session afterwards we went to Borough market (as it was close to the IVF clinic) and had lunch, then came home, had another Acupuncture session late afternoon and then chilled and then on the Sunday went for a nice stoll in Surrey... was a lovely bright day and found a teashop for a cuppa, then chilled on the sofa in the afternoon. OH did all the cooking etc..(lucky me!) and on the Mon I had the day off work and just pottered at home... Went back to work on the Tuesday.

I was told by the Dr that did my ET that i should drink water +++, take folic acid and cyclogest and Laugh ALOT... funny dvds etc... apparently research has shown it helps with implantation????.... so I did watch some funny TV and OH in the kitchen thinking he was Jamie Oliver made me laugh even more !!!

Good luck.... xxxx

Me too! I'm watching sitcoms and funny movies in bed. Thanks everyone!

Oooh, I second (third?) the laughing advice too! DH had me laughing a lot and I heard it is good for implantation :)

Loving the laughing tips, will definately incorporate that into my post transfer regime!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->