• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Post natal hypochondria

miraclemomma

Mummy of 1 + pregnant
Reaction score
Hey ladies. Need some help.
15 weeks post partum after ds2 and 7 weeks post IUD being fitted. I have achey hips every morning as though I've slept funny, uterine twinges and cramping, and tiny bits of spotting sometimes after sex and sometimes just randomly. Any ideas? The overtired, irrational part of my brain has convinced me its cervical cancer x

Your muscles loosen off a lot during pregnancy to allow your pelvis to widen to accomodate a baby, now you've given birth those muscles are tightening again to pull your pelvis back together. Likewise, your uterus is shrinking back too. The spotting is 100% normal, I spotted for 7 months after my first, 11 months after my second, the doctor told me it's extremely common and they'd only investigate any further if it continued past 12 months. Breastfeeding makes it even more common as it raises your hormone levels, but I experienced it for exactly 5 months after stopping breastfeeding both of mine so I guess that's just how long it takes my body to adjust back to normal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->