post open heart surgery anxiety

gracesmumxx

Reaction score
baby grace had her open heart surgery to repair a 'huge' VSD, valve repair and incomplete membrane removal 12 days ago. Its her first night at home and boy am i anxious. Im worried about remembering to pick her up right of her being in pain, whether shes breathing too fast or too slow. Im terrified of hurting her and evertime she cries i think im hurting her - its awful n know i need to relax but its so scary. Im sure it'll get easier but could do with some reassurance really. Has anyone been through this - am i normal for being so anxious. Im reading this and i think i sound like a bit of a wacko.

Awww I have no advice about the heart surgery, sorry, but I know what it is like to be nervous of the unknown, and you are bound to be nervous since it is her first night home. You don't sound like a wacko at all! You will get used to it, and you will know a pain cry from a normal cry, and if her breathing is too fast or too slow. She will be fine, just handle her the way you would and try to relax.

Like I say you will adjust. Glad it went well. :hug:

Aw hun, just read and hope you both had a good night. Wow that is a very big deal, I am glad all went well and she is now home. I would certainly say it is normal to be anxious after everything she has been through. I hope tonight is easier for you and baby Grace is doing well. x Hugs

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->