posterior cervix?

pebbie1

Mum to Marielle & Markus
Reaction score
The consultant tried to do a sweep for medical reasons but couldnt do it because my cervix is posterior.
Anyone else have/had this and how did it turn? I'm trying bouncing on the birthing ball and walking. I'm going back Tuesday for another attempt for a sweep and if that doesn't work I'm being induced next Friday.
Thanks!

I thought when it's posterior, it's just because baby hasn't moved down enough to bring it to the front? I think it starts posterior and then nearer to labour moves further forwards... I might be wrong though!

Mine was too far back to reach at 40+3 with my daughter, I went into labour 3 days later x

Yeah,she said baby is engaged but not yet fixed. So hopefully the weight of the head bouncing on it will turn it. I read a lot of times it doesn't move down till you're actually in labour. I guess I just want to avoid (another) induction. X

I had a pap done over a week ago and my cervix was posterior. That weekend I had some cramping, and sharp pains that I didn't realize at the time were contractions. My doc checked me Tuesday and said my cervix is now anterior, and soft. He said I have to start taking it really easy so this baby doesn't come too early. He explained to me that the movement from posterior to anterior is basically the first stage in getting ready for labour and that it doesn't take long for the change to happen. I'm sure yours will change very soon. :)

MW said babe was still posterior when I went in Tuesday. She was able to reach my cervix but she really had to get in there to tell if I had dilated any more. I've been bouncing and doing everything possible to try to get LO out of posterior position. But he just doesn't want to budge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->