Postpartum Cramps

Macmad

Happy mum of 2!
Reaction score
Not sure where to put this exactly but thought some ladies on here may help.

I've just had my second section, 6 days ago and am experiencing stomach cramps like you would not believe! I've never experienced contractions but its almost as if I'm having them. Its a very intense pain usually in my sides or front of tummy area and lasts about 1 minute max, then passes. Has anyone else experienced this? I don't remember having them after my first pregnancy. Just wondering how long they last for.....

TIA :flower:

It's normal :) It's your uterus contracting back to normal size, they should ease off soon (can last a few weeks but worse in the beginning). Unfortunately they get worse with each child that you have. I don't remember having them at all with DS but they were awful with DD and so painful.

Congratulations on your little boy too!

Thanks for replying. Yes they are extremely painful, take my breathe away :-/ x

They're called after pains. You usually only get them after your second child but I had it with Thomas and I thought something had ruptured. It felt like one long continuous contraction. It was awful :( feel better soon x

i had very slight pains with my first, but like a pp said, they get worse with each child, and with my ds they were awful for about 10 days. They took my breath away and I could hardly move. Felt like early contractions and I had to take painkillers for them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->