PP bleeding question.

tinymumma

Mummy to a rainbow boy
Reaction score
I noticed yesterday that it seem to be slowing. Now I know it definitely is. There's barely any there :shrug: Has anyone experienced this? Does it stay like this for a few more weeks (just that annoying barely there but not quite gone, like the last two days of your period). Or could it pick up again?
I've also noticed (major TMI) that my lady bits actually look different. I used to have quite long, really stretchy inner labia. Now they look much shorter, still stretch but far shorter than they were. Does giving birth actually change you down there? I was under the impression you stayed the same.
Thank you in advance for your replies xo

I found the bleeding did decrease dramatically but the light bleeding - even just blood tinged mucus did carry on for quite awhile. Cant remember just how long now! My lady bits did look different too and I've seen a few threads where ladies said the same.

My bleeding slowed and tailed off after a week or so, but I still have light bleeding intermittently now and I'm nearly 8 weeks pp...think I'm one of the unlucky ones!
It wasn't as heavy as I expected in the beginning so I think I'm losing it all slowly over a longer period. ..annoying!

Looking different...I definitely looked different in the first couple of weeks (once I was brave enough to look!) I had a 2nd degree tear. I do look a bit different, my vaginal opening looks wider/bigger, more noticable if that makes sense but doesn't look abnormal.

I remember that my bleeding drastically decreased after 4 weeks but then continued to around 14 weeks after giving birth. In terms of appearance, I had a second degree tear and haven't been able to bring myself to look yet!

My bleeding slowed quite suddenly and then remained that way for a couple of weeks till at 6 weeks it stopped completely.

In terms of appearance, I had a tear and an episiotomy and I was really reluctant to look but wanted to check my stitches. Things seemed a little more open shall we say but now at 19 weeks pp, I honestly can't tell any difference except for a slight scar. I was expecting it to look awful but it really doesn't.

My bleeding almost stopped at 12 days PP then got heavy again with my second.

I bled pretty steadily (but gradually decreasing in amount) for five weeks. It stopped for a week, I thought it was finished, only to have it return a week later for a few hours. It was red again so I thought it was my period. It disappeared again until a few days ago when I started getting very faint pale red blood again. I've heard that you can have light or intermittent bleeding for quite a while. The reappearance of my lochia seems to coincide with stressful events, so I'm not sure whether that's pure coincidence or not.

As for the lady bits, I haven't looked yet. DH has (to check stitches) and he didn't make any comment. I don't think I looked any different after having my first, but then again it's not like I know that area as well as I do my face or hands etc.! It's still early on--your body will be adjusting for a while, so how things look now are not necessarily set in stone (so to speak).

So interesting to see how all our bodies really are so different. Thanks for the replies ladies. I only got a graze, I feel so sorry for you ladies who had to have stitches :hugs:. I'm preparing myself to continue bleeding until at least 8 weeks pp. I forgot how much it sucks though (bleeding, as this is my first). Constantly feeling dirty and needing a shower. The cramps, no leakage yet thank goodness.
Oh the joys of being female :haha:

Mine slowed then picked up again then slowed and became really watery. As for your labia, my junk looks the same, but the only explanation I could think of for shorter less stretchy labia would be that they are still a bit swollen and tight from fluid retention.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->