PP bleeding

proxy bump

Reaction score
So im just a day over my first week since my emergency c section and was curious about postpartum bleeding. All the sites I read say that bright red blood after seven days can be a bad sign. Im not bleeding a lot though and the biggest clot so far was the size of a quarter. But I am still having bright red watery bleeding. Is this normal?

After a week yes, it is still very early days. I bled for 10 weeks after i had my youngest child. it can vary in colour and consistency.

Oh, thank you. They didnt really explain it in the hospital and with the extra worry about my c section insision I kinda panic that everything is ok down there.

Most people don't bleed as long as i did Lol. But it can vary between a couple of weeks and several. and same with heaviness and colour. is this your first baby? x

Mine was heavy, bright red and full of large clots for the first 2 weeks. It seems to have calmed right down as of this morning, exactly 3 weeks since giving birth.

Mine lasted for 4 weeks with lots of clots and awful afterpains but I had an infection. All cleared up now after a dose of antibiotics. I bled for around 4 weeks with dd1 too, the flow gradilually gets lighter as does the colour. I'd say don't worry as long as the flow doesn't suddenly become heavier, and you don't have clots or a fever/severe pains xx

Yes, this is my first baby. The bleeding is really little now and things seem to be getting better.

I'm six weeks out after emergeny csection. I have days where bleeding is heavy and some days with clots and a Toliet paper wipe full of blood. It's weird but with breast feeding exclusively I figure it's cause my uterus is still contracting a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->