Practise Temping?

ohhbabybaby

Reaction score
Anyone else doing there charts while WTT?

I am having my implanon removed on Wednesday and will start doing my temps on Thursday - bought a BBT thermometer especially for the occasion. Whenever my period comes obv will note that as CD1 (of WTT :coffee:).

Just want to get an idea of it all. Tried charting before having my little boy but couldn't keep it up!

Im not. Were just going to NTNP for 6m or so and hope for the best

I finished using BCP in December 2007 and have been charting religiously since. Can't believe how much I didn't even notice about my cycle. The only thing I haven't been impressed with was the saliva test as it is a bit subjective (I like #'s or +/-'s). Have been using OPK since May 2009. I have never recorded temperature before, although I ordered a monitor and it is due to arrive tomorrow.

My cycles are long and regular and that was about as much as I knew. When af came I just accepted it. Now I'm noticing trends and can predict what is going to happen in my cycle.

I suppose it comes down to what you are looking for in charting. I was looking for reassurance that I was ovulating, and when it's time to TTC I am confident in knowing my CD's. It does help me although my not be for everyone. Hope this helps in some way.

Yes - I did. I'm on my first month of ttc now, but have done bbt for last 4 months. It is so useful as you can see exactly when you ovulate, you don't wonder if you are pregnant all the time, as you can see your temp dipping when af is about to arrive. I couldn't cope with imagining I'm pregnant every month and symptom spotting. It's far less stressful taking a quick temp reading every morning!

Good luck!

I am! How funny because I just decided to start practice temping too! I'm on CD 3, and so far I've realized that I think my thermometer isn't working right (doesn't save the last temp as it should). Glad I realized this now, lol

I've never temped before, so this is brand new to me too!

I just stopped my BC over a week ago and have been charting my BBT since. I'm just trying to get an idea of my cycles before we start TTC....before I was on BC my cycles were all over the place. I hope that they cooperate for me :wacko:

I did a couple of OPK's a couple of months back to make sure I was ovulating! Now I am not doing anything and don't plan to unless it gets to the point we have to - I want to just enjoy lots of :sex: x

Yup I've just started temping this cycle (only on second day) to get a bit of an idea of my cycle in advance of TTC. I'm not going to spending ages scrutinising it if I can help it but I'm a sucker for charts and numbers (geek, I know!).

I'm charting using Fertility Friend. I'm also findign it interesting to do just to chart my symtoms during my cycle more generally (e.g. whether I can really blame being grumpy on being pre-mentrual or if there's no connection!).

I'm charting but I SUCK at it. I can't seem to check my temp at the same time every morning and it's making my chart have an erratic temp flow. I'm keeping on with it till the end of my cycle though. I'm still getting negative OPKs though.

I'm charting but I SUCK at it. I can't seem to check my temp at the same time every morning and it's making my chart have an erratic temp flow. I'm keeping on with it till the end of my cycle though. I'm still getting negative OPKs though.

I'm the same way. I get up every morning at the same time but my problem is that I wake up and move around multiple times during the night, and usually about a half an hour before my alarm goes off. So I don't know if that is throwing my charts off at all (since they say that you shouldn't move/get up before taking your temp). So far mine are a little erratic and is just a zig zag line that stays between 97.3 and 97.8.

I don't think I'm going to worry about it too much, I just want to make sure I'm ovulating, lol. I think once January rolls around we're just going to do a lot of BDing and hopefully everything will work itself out. :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->