• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Pram Recommendations Please

sazza

Reaction score
So far, I have 2 prams I am considering. The Mothercare Spin, and the Silvercross Surf. Ideally, my pram should fit the following criteria:

4 wheels

Light weight

Bus friendly

Converts from lying flat, to upright (no additional carrycot, I don't have the space for it!)

Doesn't need to have a car seat which clips into the chasis, I plan on leaving the car seat in the car!

Option to face both ways

Budget is £500

I would be really grateful for your help Ladies! x

I have a sola and i love it, fits all your citeria too!

Babystyle Oyster would tick all your boxes, I think, and is around £280 :) The pushchair part does lie flat, though I'm not entirely sure how well the harness would fit on a newborn. (I think you might find that with a lot of pushchairs though).

You could look at a Bugaboo Bee, but I'm not sure how much they come in at these days. They are very very lightweight, and the pushchair part comes with just a fabric "cocoon" thing to make it suitable for newborns. It's the kind of pushchair that would most likely do you until your LO didn't need a pram anymore!

I have the Spin! It's brilliant! We only have a Renault Clio too and it fits perfectly in the boot. The basket is a good size compared to others that I've seen. Also, the wheels come off to give you more room if you need it. I've had no problems with it. The only thing I didn't like was that it was only available in Silver when I bought it - I thought the footmuff reminded me of Bianca Jackson's puffer jacket!!! But, I now love it because it's different! x

Sola over here...got it today and already LOVE it...I had the mothercare My4

Thanks to everyone who has replied so far, I'm gonna check out those prams!! x

I loved the mamas and papas stuff as the car seat popped on and offand made life easier - once we bought the isofix - before that it was a sodding nightmare!

We had a package jobbie which had the carrycot bit for the early days (great for winter babies as nice and snug in the carrycot bit - looks nice and "classic pram" from a asthetic point of view too (lol), then a sitting up pushchair bit that clicked on fed or rear facing.

Then of course the car seat that clicked on fwd or rear facing - ideal for popping out as only had to take the frame. Quite upright when on frame though so only good for short trips when baby is little.

:hugs:

I've got the Oyster, and i think it fits all of your criteria! As you only want the seat unit & carseat its waaaay under your budget too... and they have released colour packs to widen the range :haha: (can you tell im tempted ;) )

Im also not sure about the harness as i havent used the seat chassis yet, we are using the carrycot for now. I can let you know though if you want a review :) Dont mind putting Muffin in it & showing you a piccie either so you can see a newborn in one :flower:

A friend of mine has the spin and she said they've had to take it back twice because the brake kept locking :(

We have a Silver Cross 3D whixh fits your criteria... I like it, and we bought it 2nd hand from a lady on here. I have toi admit though that I also have a Mamas and Papas stroller from the factory shop for getting on the bus...

Ive got the mamas and papas skate which lies flat and sits up, I think it's supposed to last until they're around 3. Has four wheels, really easy to manouvre. And if you did want to put the car seat on the chassis it comes with the brackets. It is quite big though...

Im such a knobber - just spotted you didn't want a separate carrycot. Doh!

just going to sugest if you arent wanting to move your carseat from the car to perhaps get one that goes a bit longer like the britax first class plus rather than a normal infant carrier as you will end up with one less carseat to buy and there are 0+1 seats that are suitable from birth like the britax first class plus, if i hadnt had a travel system both my boys would have gone right into one of these seats

I've got the Oyster, and i think it fits all of your criteria! As you only want the seat unit & carseat its waaaay under your budget too... and they have released colour packs to widen the range :haha: (can you tell im tempted ;) )

Im also not sure about the harness as i havent used the seat chassis yet, we are using the carrycot for now. I can let you know though if you want a review :) Dont mind putting Muffin in it & showing you a piccie either so you can see a newborn in one :flower:

Thanks for the advice. If you could take a pic with your LO in it, that would be great. x

I really liked the spin and the surf but found I had to take one wheel off both models to get it in my suzuki sx4 so your luckly if it fits in your car. The frame on the surf was really light weight and you can also choose the lighter maxi cosi car seats now rather than the silver cross car seat. Bother manuvered really well. I liked the snug baby liner and cover on the surf. I came across a Jane Cross R which i think I am going to get as it fits in my car with out removing wheels and for the car seat & pram which lies flat (plus muff) is about £550. There was just something about the Spin I liked but my DH liked the Surf although the small shopping basket was disappointing. They are two good prams I would be hard pushed to choose between them.

Just got my oyster yesterday and I love it, only thing is the seat unit is meant to be from 6+ months. The surf im pretty sure is over your budget, well it certainly was at my local baby store.

Just got my oyster yesterday and I love it, only thing is the seat unit is meant to be from 6+ months. The surf im pretty sure is over your budget, well it certainly was at my local baby store.

Thanks for the advice about the Oyster. The surf, including accessory pack came in at well under £500 for us?

mine must have included the carrycot aswell then? pass lol

mine must have included the carrycot aswell then? pass lol

Yep, it must have done Mellage. We aren't going to buy the carrycot, as the baby can go straight into the pram from Birth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->