Pramaholics..... advise please!

Sammylou

Reaction score
OK so I'm just 10 weeks so I'm planning early but does anyone have an idea about which pushchair would work best for me?

I need......
3 wheeler
big wheels (able to cope with alot of off-roading, fields mud, etc but equally able to be steered easily round town - one handed so I can keep control of my son as well :haha:)
swivel and fixed front wheel
suitable from birth (ideally with a lie flat carry cot)
size and weight isn't really an issue - because of where we live public transport isn't really an issue
something where bubs can face me to begin with would be great

cost up to about £400 (obviously less is better - I love Mountain Buggy ones but they are just to many £££££ :cry:)

Anyone got any recomendations?

No recommendations from personal experience (am expecting my first baby, so not much help!) but am also interested in the replies you get as I'm having the same sort of dilemma!!

From what I've been looking at this one caught my eye in particular, and seems to have good reviews, but am waiting to see what others think of it. Only downside I can see is that it isn't rear facing so not sure if it's the best for newborns...it's very light though!!

https://www.practicalpushchairs.co..../out_n_about_nipper_360_single_pushchair.html

Hey!

I have a Cosatto cabi.......its great!....only thing is that its got 4 wheels.......2 small at the front and 2 big at the back.....baby can face you at start and you can switch round when you feel, comes with 'buggy' bit, carseat (which clips on to wheels too) and the flat carry cot bit. The front wheels are swivel but you can lock them to make them straight, very easy to fold etc....OH and DECENT size shopping basket under!!!

i got myn from Pram centre :)xx

oh and i got the set for £300...it also came with change bag, change mat, rain cover and cosy toes bit

https://www.kiddisave.co.uk/store/p...ushcahir-Cabi-Pushchair-2010-Out-On-The-Town/

i have this only in black and sunshine yellow instead of grey xx

i have a quinny buzz3 and love it, can push it with one hand easily, great off road, i didnt get the carrycot that goes with it, as baba could lie in the quinny seat flat. the seat can face you or out and can go in different positions. can get attachements to the sides so it protects the seat more from wind. also the front wheel can be fixed or not, i really love mine.

We have the maxi cosi mura 3 and LOVE it! it meets all your criteria too!!

Oooh, I like the look of the Maxi Cosi!! With the carrycot it would be perfect!

Thanks everyone :thumbup:

I've got a few more to add to the list of possibilities now..... this is not going to be an easy choice!

I used to have a Jane Slalom Pro and I can't recommend it enough for what you need. You can get it with a carrycot or the newer model which has a parent facing seat. Really good suspension, swivel wheels, funky colours and gorgeous materials. You can buy them new off ebay to save as they are quite pricey.

Weeplin - I actually found this one this morning online and I do like the way it looks! Do you know if Mothercare etc stock it so I could have a play with one?

Last time I checked my local one did so they should all do. You could always phone, don't forget to check some other local baby shops if you have any as they could stock them too.

They are gorgeous prams, I always regretted selling mine :-(

OK so I'm just 10 weeks so I'm planning early but does anyone have an idea about which pushchair would work best for me?

I need......
3 wheeler
big wheels (able to cope with alot of off-roading, fields mud, etc but equally able to be steered easily round town - one handed so I can keep control of my son as well :haha:)
swivel and fixed front wheel
suitable from birth (ideally with a lie flat carry cot)
size and weight isn't really an issue - because of where we live public transport isn't really an issue
something where bubs can face me to begin with would be great

cost up to about £400 (obviously less is better - I love Mountain Buggy ones but they are just to many £££££ :cry:)

Anyone got any recomendations?

I've just seen pramworld.co.uk are selling Mountain Buggy's from £299 (30% off).

I'd say the Quinny Buzz 3 would meet all your criteria too, if you get the all-terrain front wheel :) We got ours for £35 online, and I had it going off-road round my local country/wildlife park in winter without any problems. At least 4 inches of snow on the ground, and it made such light work of it all!

The pushchair part comes with 2 seats, so it can grow with your LO. The first size seat is memory foam, and soooo comfy. It lies flat, although there is the option of a carrycot.

I can't really recommend the Buzz enough, it's so maneuvrable, I love it to bits :thumbup:

We have the Mura 4, similar criteria to yours, it's heavy to lift but a dream to push.
We also liked the Buzz but found the Mura for 1/2 price so that won!!!!!

I'd say the Quinny Buzz 3 would meet all your criteria too, if you get the all-terrain front wheel :) We got ours for £35 online, and I had it going off-road round my local country/wildlife park in winter without any problems. At least 4 inches of snow on the ground, and it made such light work of it all!

The pushchair part comes with 2 seats, so it can grow with your LO. The first size seat is memory foam, and soooo comfy. It lies flat, although there is the option of a carrycot.

I can't really recommend the Buzz enough, it's so maneuvrable, I love it to bits :thumbup:

I love my Quinny Buzz too. Easy to push & easy to put up/collapse down (automatic folding).

The Dreami carry cot is so cosy.

Whatever pushchair you end up choosing, get a parent facing one as its lovely to see their little face once they outgrow the carrycot mode.

I loved my buzz that i had with the dreami from birth however i needed to use it one handed due to having a toddler's hand to hold too and it was far too heavy for this!! I sold mine in the end as i simply couldn't push it with one hand!
I am tempted to have another though now Lottie is old enough to understand holding on to the pushchair and i don't think its as heavy with the seat unit as it is with the dreami x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->