Prams and Cars and Bed and BREATHE.....

Weenie19

Reaction score
5 weeks today! Whoop whoop.

My eldest will be 29 months when baby arrives and she is a reluctant walker so now I'm thinking double pram or not. Another cot bed or move her to a big girl bed. We will need a bigger car - what one!

I love how pregnancy turns me into a complete scatter brain:haha:

I hardly used my double pram and only had a 21 month age gap. Get a baby carrier and wear the baby. If your toddler is doing some walking you can swap them over and have baby in the pram while toddler walks. When toddler gets tired put baby in carrier and toddler in pram. Simples. And gets your walking resistant toddler some practice at walking.

I'd just move your toddler up to a big girl bed. You got plenty of time to achieve this, baby won't be on cot to begin with anyway.

I was thinking of using a carrier ass well, as we paid for a really expensive one when Tessa was around 6 months old, I had other types when she was little, but this one is much better.

So will probably just stick to that.

And you probably wont need to make a decision on the bed until long after the baby is born, we had a swing crib rather than a Moses basket and it lasted much longer for her.

Just a few ideas xxx

My DD will be 30 months when this one arrives. I plan on using a sling and moving DD to a bed just after her 2nd birthday to get her used to it as I will use the cot straight away like I did before.

Thanks ladies I think we are going for the sling method. Ive just never found a double that I like anyway so I'm not wasting money on one. Id rather invest in a decent sling.

We were going to put the new baby straight in the cot as we did with our firstborn. My babies tend to be very long and again dont intend on wasting money on a small bed when the cot will suffice.

Ive just had my first wave of nausea hit me which is a little worrying as Im 5 weeks in and had HG last time but hopefully I'll get on top of it quicker this time.

Is nice to hear from others with similar age gaps x

My Daughter will turn two the same month this baby is born. I've been having the same dilemmas (except the car. That will have to do for now!) and I think we have decided to use the Ergo or our wrap and just let our DD walk as much as she can and then swap them. Our pushchair is quite new and barely used as I got bored of my original one! And as for the cot thing, we are moving DD into the bigger room and letting her have a new bed so that the cot/bed is free for new baby. Never really thought of using it from birth but we may well do that and buy one of those lovely looking baby bean bags for when baby needs to sleep elsewhere.
Thanks for the ideas ladies. I'm guessing our older children will change and develop so much more in the next 6 months that things will look at lot easier as we approach our due dates.

My daughter will turn 2 a week after this one is born. Which sling will people use? I only used a wrap last time

My daughter will turn 2 a week after this one is born. Which sling will people use? I only used a wrap last time

I'll be wrapping with a stretchy until about 3 months then swapping to a woven wrap. Once baby gets to around 9-12 months I'll swap to a mei tai, or wrap conversion to do back carries apart from weekends where I'll use my ergo for back carriers (always need a help with getting the ergo on).

I used a stretchy wrap until about 6 months with DD, hope to do the same this time and then switch to the Ergo.

5 weeks today! Whoop whoop.

My eldest will be 29 months when baby arrives and she is a reluctant walker so now I'm thinking double pram or not. Another cot bed or move her to a big girl bed. We will need a bigger car - what one!

I love how pregnancy turns me into a complete scatter brain:haha:

You will be amazed at how much she will change in the next couple of months so I doubt you will need a double buggy!

My DD is almost 26 months and far too grown up to sit in her buggy now haha (been like that for 3 months, happened all of a sudden over night!)
She was in a toddler bed from 15 months and we've just put her in a proper single bed now which she loves! She's only tiny (still in 12-18 month clothes) but she's fine in it with her bed guard up

My DS is a little older (just turned 3) so hopefully I'll be able to ditch the stroller by the time baby arrives. He goes in the sling now when he's worn out but I haven't been able to wear him with morning sickness. Baby will be slung pretty much full time and co-sleep with me. DS is in a toddler bed in our room, I'm hoping to ship him out before summer but if not it isn't the end of the world.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->