Prams - features and costs

Kirstin

Reaction score
While ttc we've decided to start saving for things like prams so I've had a quick look at a few and they've started at £170 and went right up to £600 :? there are thousands so I was just wondering how did you choose? What features were most important and how much did you spend?

The only thing I know I want is it to be rear facing but that seems to cost a lot more:/

There's lots out there but its all down to your personal preference and what you will be doing with it etc and what you can and cant do without.

What I do recommend is, if you are DEAD SET on a particular pram. Regardless of the price tag i would save up for that one. You will never be content with your pram knowing it is not your dream pram :rofl: You think i might have learned that 4 prams later but no :rofl:

i lvoe my graco toure deluxe travel system it is heavy though were getting a new one now rileys older but deffo saving it for the next one

We have the Silvercross 3D, when it first came out it had really good reviews etc, now it seems to be getting the bad ones lol, have the icandy pear on order now though.

There's lots out there but its all down to your personal preference and what you will be doing with it etc and what you can and cant do without.

What I do recommend is, if you are DEAD SET on a particular pram. Regardless of the price tag i would save up for that one. You will never be content with your pram knowing it is not your dream pram :rofl: You think i might have learned that 4 prams later but no :rofl:

yes but ur obbessed x x

i would say look at all the features and find one which is practical for u and ur lo xx

Hunt for the one u want, try loads get loads of information, no how to put it down up look at all the different features and no what you want out of a pram

i was a cheapie and went straight for a stroller (forward facing) as I thoguht baby would outgrow the laying down part of a pram quickly. My stroller can sit up or lay right down so was suitable from birth - until he's about 3!

And I'm glad I did. My LO hated the stroller or pram (I did have a second hand rear facing pram that I tried) until he was 3 months old. He'd scream. So until 3 months he went in the sling. Now he's happy to sit in the stroller and watch the world go by. My stroller was about £100 from mothercare and I'm happy with the choice I made as a lay-down pram would be outgrown by now.

i agree with amy. we spent £1000 :blush: on ours with all's its accessories, its most definately my dream pram and does everything i want (although thinking of getting a stroller too, but for when maddi's older). we brought the bugaboo cameleon and i can't recommend it highly enough.

i first noticed it as i particularly like the feature of attaching the maxi cosi car seat, which had excellent safety reviews. the features which were important for me was to have a carry cot with it, as i wanted her laying flat at first, she is still using it now! i also love how when it goes to pushchair switches between rear facing and forward facing. like you i wanted rear facing. tbh i just loved it as soon as i saw it and knew i had to have it! OH likes it too as we switch the covers over, and she seems so snug and cosy in there :cloud9:

which everyone you choose, its so much fun and once your LO is in it, its just amazing. wishing you lots of luck ttc x x x

I wanted one that was light and could fold down in one piece and I'm really pleased with the one I got- Mamas & Papas Pliko Switch. I find the car seats really heavy and awkward so I didn't want one that you had to lift the car seat in and out of the car and clip it on the pram.

We have a m&p one which my mum found in a charity shop for £20. Good as new, and came with car seat and base. MY Grandad inspected carseat to make sure there was no damage and everything was fine - so all in all we got a m&p carseat base, a m&p primo viaggio carseat and a m&p freestyler for £20!! Was well proud because we were really tight up then too. & I LOVE the pram, it is the easiest to push I have ever found tbh, and very light which is good seeing as we are on the first floor!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->