Pre-conception tablets...

Drazic<3

You got the love <3
Reaction score
...hey girlies. Double whammy post realllllly.

Me and OH started our pre-conception vitamins today. :cloud9: Really feels like it is becoming real now. :cloud9::blush::flower::kiss:

Also, I wondered about what you girls are taking/hoping to start taking soon? We wanted to both take them, so have started THESE -They seem pretty good, and it is making OH feel a part of preparation too.

Hello!

At the start of July I started taking my Boots own Folic Acid (I only stopped taking it at the begining of June!lol)and multi-vitamin (I also take evening primrose oil during my peroids) and OH with the same multivitamin.

Then in September OH will start taking an own brand zinc too. He also will start eating tomato soup when we start ttc as he read the last time tomatos are good for boosting sperm...bless him he tries!

And when we start ttc I will switch my multi vitamin and folic acid to an own brand pregnancy vitamin. Just cos they are so much cheaper for the same thing. I will also start drinking a glass of grapefruit juice every morning as last time ttc it really boosted my ewcm but I dont think it worked for everyone when I read up on the topic.

Good Luck when TTC:thumbup:

Emmaxx

Thanks hun for your comprehensive reply! Congrats on Nathan, he is ADORABLE!!!
:hugs:

So exciting!! I took the Sanatogen Mum To Be vits and OH took a good multi vit in preparation.

December will be here very quickly and hopefully you'll be in such great shape you'll get that :bfp: really quick xx

Thanks so much hun. :) You just gave me the biggest smile :D So kind! Fingers crossed :hugs:

I was looking at the Sanatogen ones too, think they're the ones I'll get - bit cheaper then pregnacare too, I think. :D For now I'm just taking some cheap own brand folic acid, but I'll get a proper prenatal supplement when I actually come off the pill.

Drazic<3 said:
Me and OH started our pre-conception vitamins today. Really feels like it is becoming real now.

I see you've brought the TTC date forward - congrats! :happydance:

Thanks so much hun, it has gone into all systems go now! We would be ttc now if we had the vits, as OH has all of a sudden gone babymad! :hugs:

Well, we got the senatogen for mums and dads to be from boots so it was £12 something per month, but at the moment they are doing buy 2 get one free, so not too bad for all those tablets! plus, oh feels more a part of things.

I'm hoping to ttc in next few months. I'm taking a folic acid tablet and going to start taking agnus castus next month as I've been charting and temping for a while now and realise that I ovulate very late in the cycle and have quite a short luteal phase so want to sort this out if possible! More importantly I've altered my diet by ensuring that I get a wide range of healthy foods. I've also cut down on caffeine. I will still allow myself one cup of tea or a chocolate bar when I fancy it but have basically all but cut it out of my diet.

I'm only going to start taking a mum to be multi-vitamin once I'm actually ttc. The reason for this, is that I will already be consuming 5 tablets a day as it is, and I should theoretically get all the vitamins I need from a balanced diet. Here's hoping!

VITAMINS B'S for luteal phase :)

They DO work! x

What's a luteal phase? :shy:
Jeeze, I don't know anything. I'm never going to have a baba! :'(

I have been taking the Tommy Folic Acid for a good few months now and OH takes vitamins anyway so we are both set.

He is trying to loose a few pounds but other than that, we were pretty healthy anyway - neither smoke, do drugs or drink to excess (me very rarely even a glass of wine) and eat pretty well so we are just doing what always have and crossing our fingers!!!

You are doing great hunny :friends:

xxx

:yipee: how exciting! i remember taking my vitamins when ttc! not long now for you sweetie! :wohoo:

Luteal phase is the time from ovulation to when your period arrives. So say you ovulate on day 14, and come on your period on day 28, you'd have a LP of 13 days. You start counting the day after ovulation and stop the day before your period. Look at my chart page: https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/toffee87 scroll down to my full chart and it counts it for you (after a period you have to pay for certain things on FF).

Ideally you want it 11-15 days. Too short and your at a much higher risk of miscarriage (early one) as it can indicate you don't have enough progesterone.

I think an LP of 18+ days is a definite sign your pregnant and should definitely get a BFP.

p.s get the book 'taking charge of your fertility' by toni weschler (spelling). It has ALL your queries about charting, it's truely an amazing book! xxx

How exciting! I'm going to start Pregnacare (as I have some anyway) but may switch to a different brand depending on how I get on with them, have heard mixed reviews! OH takes multi vits that include zinc etc so he's happy enough :)

i took pregnacare but stopped it gave me really bad cramps and diarrhoea, so just took folic acid. dh took nothing.

Thanks for the replies girls. I will try and get a copy of that book jen, I am totally clueless. I have started a ff and tracked this 'period' post implant removal, I know that isn't helpful as such, but it makes me feel I am doing something.

The senatogen ones have been fine. slightly annoying to have to have them with a meal as I would prefer to take them when I first wake up but not exactly the end of the world! Haven't felt ill at all, a little hungerier if anything.

Only 85 tablets to go!

Just been to Boots and picked up some standard multivits to take for now, while we decide when TTC is actually starting! My cupboard's gonna look like a pharmacy!

hey hunni - I am taking the same as pops - the tommy's ones. I got a boots voucher for christmas which I forgot about until a week or so ago so renewed my supply using that. And they were on 3 for 2 so that was a bonus!!!

Also just trying to eat healthily, exercise and hubby is taking multivitamins too x

Hey D!

Congratulations on NTNP and starting the vitamins - the next few months will fly past and hopefully you will get your BFP really quickly.

I have birth to my son nearly 10 months ago and have been taking multivitamins for what seems like ages!! I knew I was going to start TTC in September 2008 and my friend said you should take the vitamins, especially the folic acid, a few months before - so I started taking folic acid from July 2008 and Pregnacare from September 2008. I took this all the way through my pregnancy and am now taking Pregnacare Breastfeeding. I hope to start TTC around the end of the year or the beginning of next year, so I am wondering whether I should just continue taking vitamins even though I will probably stop breastfeeding my son when he reaches 12 months.

Oh, a good tip for TTC is to reduce (or stop) caffeine intake - this also reduces the risk of miscarriage as well. Also, try to cut out alcohol.

Good luck!

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"