Pre-Diabetes

Chris77

Mommy to PJ and Gavin
Reaction score
Does anyone have it? If so, what are you doing about it and do you check your blood glucose? Thanks.

not sure what you mean about pre-diabetes? Like borderline? I have some family members who are borderline but don't check their blood sugars and to be honest haven't really done much about it. I have a sister who was very recently diagnosed with type two diabetes and she has had to go on medicine and checks her blood sugar on a daily basis. she's had to make a lot of lifestyle changes especially concerning what she eats

Pre-diabetes is when your levels are higher than normal but not high enough to be considered diabetes. When you develop pre-diabetes it can be reversed but if you ignore it, you'll develop diabetes within the next 10 years.

Pre diabetes is where when the sugar level is increase exceeds the normal level but not exceeds to the higher level. In that case I control on my food and avoid the sugar content food. Another thing is that I use the blood test device which show me the level of the sugar in my blood.

I had it umm... maybe 9-10 years ago. I changed my diet and fixed it (to the point that a new Dr refused to believe I had a problem :dohh:). Basically protein, whole grains and vegetables should be your cornerstones. Whole grains, vegetables and legumes are where you get your carbohydrates (150-200g+ per day from these sources). Real fats are fine. Animal, olive oil etc. Basically if your grandparents wouldn't have recognized it when they were kids then don't eat it. If you can grow it, butcher it, milk it etc then it's ok. If it needs to go through a factory then avoid.
When I track food I make sure I get about 1g protein per 2lbs body weight. Kind of a 30% protein 40% carbohydrate 30% fat ratio.
I don't check my glucose since I've managed fairly well since I started paying attention to what I was eating. I did at first, but then transferred to new Dr who didn't think I had a problem...
I can eat treats now and then as long as it isn't a regular thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->