pre eclampsia, anyone with or had it?

sophie22

Reaction score
Is it pre e if your blood pressure returns to normal on rest? But goes very high on minimum exersion?

Pre e would need to be continually high but also with protein in urine

I've had plus plus protein today but the special test they sent to lab to do the ratio was ok so they let me out of hospital. Got mild headache but have had on and off for days but been home an hour and put my little boy to bes, came out dark room and everytime I blinked there were black shadows round things. Stopped when I sat down though. Guna try sleep

If your worried at all go back Hun, you know your body better than anyone, I was palmed off 3 times in my last pregnancy before they finally realised it was pretty severe, trust your own instinct

If your worried at all go back Hun, you know your body better than anyone, I was palmed off 3 times in my last pregnancy before they finally realised it was pretty severe, trust your own instinct

What were your symptoms? I have the midwife coming to my house tomorrow to do bp so if I get no more problems I will explain to her then

If you have visual disturbance you must get checked out. That was tje point where I started to become very ill and my son was delivered a few hours later

There are lots of factors in pre-e. I'd definitely call at least

What were your symptoms? I have the midwife coming to my house tomorrow to do bp so if I get no more problems I will explain to her then

I had high bp (145/105), 3+ protein in urine, mega swelling to the point I couldn't move my feet at all, just generally felt crap, pain/constant reflux that tablets and medicine didn't help. Mine was pre e with HELLP though not just pre e

Hope your mw appointment goes ok today, don't be afraid to push to get checked more often if you feel you need to

I had symptoms of pre e last week. I had a dizzy spell, saw stars etc and thought nothing of it as I always get it when pregnant. Mw done my urine and it was positive for protein and then my bp was 148/88 which is really high for me. No matter how stresses I am mine stays the same as a rule. So they made me send of a midstream urine sample. Results back yesterday and all was normal so going to call mw today and see what she suggests. Good luck with mw xx

Thank you, we'll she was happy because I had no protein in wee and my bp was about 140/82 ish then a little lower before she left. Just said keep doing what I'm doing. Stressful with a toddler though!

My Bp would go down on rest but then skyrocket if I moved. I never had protein in urine but did develope sudden pre e upon delivery

My Bp would go down on rest but then skyrocket if I moved. I never had protein in urine but did develope sudden pre e upon delivery

That's scary as that's what mine does! How did they treat you and how long before it went?

That's scary as that's what mine does! How did they treat you and how long before it went?

Unfortunately they couldn't treat me during my 3 rd trimester for pre e because it was very atypical. There were no real signs. My bp was elevated but not high enough to be considered an issue, I had no protein in urine ever but I did have alot of water retention and swelling throughout the pregnancy. Then when I was induced at 38 weeks ( bc my dr was suspicious) all hell broke loose. My bp skyrocketed and I ended up with fluid in my lungs from severe water retention... I was developing hellp after delivery. 3 days post partum I ended up in icu with water in my lungs, in bad shape. So, in my experience pre eclampsia can be silent and only turn up when it gets very bad. Before delivery the signs were subtle. I would keep an eye out and insist on being monitored closely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->