pre-existing hypertension (high blood pressure)

ebonymama

angel mom, 1DD&1DS
Reaction score
so hi everyone,

during my first pregnancy i had hypertension that was not controlled and i suffered a stillbirth.....after that i got the proper meds and my blood pressure have been normal ever since.....

now i am pregnant again (only found out last week) and according to ultrasound i was 5 weeks then.....i am soo freaking out......

anyone of u on here suffering with hypertension....

what can i do? i know i need to contact a high risk doc...
what questions should i ask

really just need some support.....i am soo scared right now.....

so hi everyone,

during my first pregnancy i had hypertension that was not controlled and i suffered a stillbirth.....after that i got the proper meds and my blood pressure have been normal ever since.....

now i am pregnant again (only found out last week) and according to ultrasound i was 5 weeks then.....i am soo freaking out......

anyone of u on here suffering with hypertension....

what can i do? i know i need to contact a high risk doc...
what questions should i ask

really just need some support.....i am soo scared right now.....

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss, that must have been devastating!

I also have pre-existing hypertension, although my doctor thinks it was largely related to hormonal birth control as when I stopped birth control, it came way down and I am now just on an "almost nothing" dose of medication... they have left me on it mostly as a precaution. However, I am being followed very closely and also monitor my blood pressure at home.

Probably the first thing you want to do is to make sure your medication is pregnancy safe if you haven't already. The other thing that was recommended to me was baby asprin as it helps with blood flow through the placenta, so you may want to check about that too. I've been told that in most cases well controlled blood pressure does not pose any problems...although there is a slightly increased risk of pre-eclampsia and you will probably be monitored more closely.

hey lindsay thanks soo much for your good advice......i think one of the meds i am on is not safe for pregnancy so i gonna c doc on friday so cant wait so i can change it n be at peace of mind...

i am already on the baby aspirin so thats good there....

i gonna keep updating this thread and i want you to keep coming by to so that other people who have hypertension can see what treatment gonna be like and they can somewhat know what to expect....

so thanks again deary....

I've had pre-existing hypertension for years now, and I'm pregnant with my first. I'm 24 weeks, 1 day now, and I haven't had any problems. I just always remember to take my medicine, and the doctor checks my blood pressure each time I have an appointment. So from my experience, you should be fine as long as you stay on top of things! :D

No problem hun :) That's good that you are seeing the doc friday, hopefully they can sort out the med situation. That's good that you are already on the baby asprin too.

What meds are you taking? Prior to starting to ttc, I as taking norvasc and altace (big no no for pregnancy) and I have been switched to labetalol which seems to have worked really well with no side effects.

Yes, lets keep in touch :) I've got an early ultrasound next tuesday so I'm kinda freaking out about that. I had a missed m/c in may at 12 weeks so I hope all is well this time. If there's a heartbeat and baby is growing as expected, hopefully I can let myself relax a bit.

hi ladies,

welcome jen.lee....

so glad we can come here and share our experiences.....

so i am on atenol, atacand plus and also aspirin....i know the atenol and aspirin is good but the atacand is not recommended at this time....but the atacand really keeps my pressure low so i hope there is something that works jus like that but is for pregnancy....

so when i get back in here i will let yall know what the doc says.....which is my regular doc....

i have my next gynea appt two weeks from now......

so yall keep coming by so we can share our experiences...

thanks once again

hey all,

so wanted to come back to update.....so i manage to see me regular doc and i was put on methyldopa (aldomet)......

however, she said to stay off the aspirin for now....:shrug: so she put me on to a highly recommended OBGYN so i cant wait for that appt which would be by the end of the month.....

so yall come by and let me know how things are going....

hey all,
stopping to update ....its been long....in and out of hospital and internet was down as well....

so to get straight to it....my blood pressure is jus bordering 130's/ 80's

with 2000mg aldomet/methyldopa per day (maximum dosage) and 20mg of nifedipine per day....

my gyne said i should have stayed on the aspirin well lose does aspirin which is highly recommended starting from 1st trimester for pregnancies with hypertension...

also taking omega 3-6-9, calcium + vitamin d (caltrate), iron pills, folic acid and pre-natal vitamins.... yep lots....

so we c how things progress...amma come back after next visit...on jan o4th 2014 ...to update....

everyone have a merry merry christmas!!!

Hi ladies! I too have hypertension. When I was pregnant with my 2nd I developed hypertension and it never went back to normal until now. I stopped all my meds while TTC. My blood pressure was low for 2 weeks. As of today, I began taking aldomet again since I want to be healthy for the baby. I know my blood pressure can rise anytime. My blood pressure is usually between 143-147/87 I think it is best for me to keep taking the aldomet since I am now pregnant. I am happy that my Dr. prescribed me aldomet when I told her that I was TTC.

I developed hypertension when I was pregnant with my daughter. As you can see she's now a hyper 22 month old so as long as it is controlled you have every chance of a safe, normal birth. I am currently 4 weeks pregnant with our second and on medication which has my BP at 135/101 as of Friday - higher than I'd have liked! I also have a faster than normal heart rate too so will probably need beta blockers in the near future.

As long as you are medicated and get the treatment you need everything will be fine hun! Wishing you the best of luck and I'm sure you're angel is watching over your rainbow

:hugs:

I had it my last pregnancy and very mild with my daughter (though I had an OB tell me he suspects HELLP syndrome with her and also I think PP with my twins). There are several safe meds for pregnancy. I didn't have to take any until the very end with the twins ;and PP). I did have mild pre-e with them. They just had me do home monitoring and had a couple of 24 hour urines done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->