Predicting a bad winter to boost spending/economy?

Nibblenic

Reaction score
Ive noticed everyone saying lately that 'oooh we're going to have a bad winter' its 'going to snow soon'

However I cannot find anything other than the news papers and word of mouth predicting this. Long term forecast are certainly not predicting the next ice-age.

Then i was reading another thread about what people were doing to prepare for the snow. Ive bought extra food in/salt/shovels/snow boots/ Easily have spent another £100 more than I normally would preparing for this weather coming in

Do you think they are predicting bad weather to increase public spending and economic growth?

ooooh good thought, didnt think of it like that x
I've always wondered how they can predict the weather sooo far in advance x They normally get it wrong anyway x

The farmers almanac says it's going to be a worse winter than last year and more snow (here anyways).

https://www.exactaweather.com/UK_Long_Range_Forecast.html

there are ways these people do long range forecasts and they do predict an awful winter in nov/dec/jan and feb with record snow fall and low temps.

they same website predicted last years and the year before winters too.

I dunno I think there are ways of predicting but like everything else you kind of have to make your own mind as to whether or not to believe it. However, I do believe shops cash in majorly. ASDA, for example last week they put all the snow shovels etc up in price in the main foyer. It went nice for a couple of days so they got hidden away. Yet as soon as they 'suspect' snow's coming it's all hiked back up. Companies are deffo cashing in.

Personally I'm dreading winter. I hate the snow and don't even go out in it unless I absolutely have too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->