Preemies and colds??

MissRoc

Reaction score
Finn had his 8 week jabs on Monday and since then has been sick, constipated and inconsolable and has woken up today with a full blown cold.

Can I give him calpol, he's 8 weeks and now 7lbs? My drs and hv seem unsure. what else can I do for him? I feel so bad for him as he's clearly suffering :(

On medicines I have always went by corrected age.

If he is congested you can use the calpol saline drops from birth but unfortunately there isn't much else.

I hope he gets better soon.

I always go by corrected age as well, and use the lower amount stated. xx

That's the calpol out then, corrected he's 3weeks, I'll see if I can get some saline drops, thanks x

I don't have any advice, my LO didn't catch a cold until 6 months +. I hope he feels better soon!

I got a snot sucker, seems to be working a treat and he can breathe a bit better now :)

our twinnies have colds too its been a nightmare and makes feeding really hard! I've used the aspirator (snot sucker!) and saline drops! I asked SCBU doc again if something else could be done and he said no! ugh! I put a bit of vick on their sleep suit the other day out of sheer desperation and it seem to help a bit. just keep sucking those boogies out! lol Particuarly before a feed! Also you do have do go on corrected :) xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->