Pregnancy After M/C - Fearful

zeezee

Over the Moon
Reaction score
Hi All - its beena while since I have been in here, but I am hoping someone has some advice. I am very very newly preggo after my mmc in April (like 3 weeks 4 days I think) - I had my beta today and it was 31.5, have to have next one on Saturday to see if doubling. I am freaking out that (a) it won't double and (b) I will lose this one too.

How did you guys deal with the pregancy(s) after your loss?

Z
xx

Dear Z,
First- congratulations on the pregnancy! I know that can get lost in the anxiety. But, it is wonderful news for you. Second- I know exactly how you feel, it's hard to be happy in a new pregnancy after a mc, I've had 2 confirmed mc's and the fear can be overwhelming. I know it's hard to step back from it, but you might want to find something unrelated and mind-numbing that requires concentration to do until your labs come back- or try reading or watching tv to divert yourself from obsessing on it. The stress isn't good for you or the pregnancy and I haven't discovered any other way to divert my own attention yet, other than getting busy with something else. Of course, you can also immerse yourself in it, if that works better for you. Read all the posts here and just let yourself feel whatever you feel. Either way, the time will pass and the answers you need will come and things will be resolved. Just do your best to maintain sanity and hang in there until it does. I wish you the very best of luck and lots of healthy baby dust. :)

Hi hun, I honestly don't think anything will stop you freaking out. After my 1st m/c everyone told me 'don't worry it will be fine next time' sadly 8 days after my 2nd pregnancy was confirmed, I miscarried again.

Just take each day as it comes and remember every pregnancy is different and you have a great chance of having a good pregnancy.

I hope your HCG results are good xx

Honestly, the best advice I can offer is to try and not spend too much time on the internet researching every statistic and every story you can find. I just experienced my second miscarriage the first at 6 weeks and this one at 5. When I talked to my Doctor she sais that part of the problem today is that we just know SO very early when we get a + because if the tests available, sometimes m/c would have happened and we would never have even known we were pregnant, nature just doing its thing and all that. While at the time I wanted to slap her for being heartless, a few weeks on and after ovulating and entering another 2ww I can see some truth to her words. She advised me to stop chartine my temp after ovulation and to wait until a week after my period was late to take a test.

I am not sure I will make it but spending less tim eon Fertility friend and on here will help keep my mind of fit to some degree. I am trying to keep busy.

I really, really hope you get the test results that tell you little bean is growing well, but take a deep breath and enjoy your days until you know - and then enjoy the next ones until the baby arrives! All the worrying in the world will not make a pregnancy last if it is not meant to be but it might stop you enjoying the gift of being pregnant in the moment. Some women never get to know what that feels like.

This was supposed to be encouraging, its hard with email to know how you come across. I am sure it would sound better if we were chatting over a cup of tea.
Blessings to you and the little one you are growing x

Just getting past little milestones can help. My 1st one was the point at which I mc ( although I had a reassurance scan at 6+5 I got a private scan at 8+4 so that helped ), then it was my 12 week scan.

Since 12 weeks it has gone a lot faster ( seemed to take an age to get there!! ) and I just got past my 20 scan and have found out we are having a little boy and everything looks good :cloud9:.

You can do it - just take it a little bit at a time and when you can celebrate and enjoy your pregnancy and the little life growing inside you.

You will get moments of fear but also those of joy.

Congratulations on your new bean :)

hx

I don't think you do cope with it. Well I don't anyway.

I am a nervous wreck tbh and I don't really recognise the person I am at the moment, it's not me.

I am hoping once I get past 16 weeks I will start to relax.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->