Pregnancy and hayfever

Padan1111

Reaction score
Hi ladies

I was just wondering what those of you who were hayfever sufferers were doing. Are you taking antihistamines?

I'm currently in TWW but I hadn't started any hayfever tablets or treatments. This weekend has been miserable! I will make a drs appointment if I get a bfp but I wanted to see what others were doing? If I am pregnant my first tri will cover all summer :s

Thanks!

Sorry, wrong forum!

My doctor wouldn't prescribe me anything, his (awful) advice was just to stick Vaseline up my nose. Pharmacist wasn't much help either.

I carried DD through the summer & just had to struggle through 😔

I'm sat here as I type sneezing & my eyes are itching like mad but can't do anything to help.

I am intending to go back next week to ask a different doctor because it really is hell.

Good luck for your BFP xx

I was told Loratadine is safe after 12 weeks.

Ive suffered with allergies for yrs. after getting pregnant the only thing they will let me take is Zyrtec but its working well for the most part. I still have some sleepless nights due to a stuffy nose. I just recently started using essential oils to help with that.
Ive had no issues at all and they have let me take it from 6 weeks on and she said I could take it the entire pregnancy. She did tell me to try and stay away from my Flonase which Ive not used at all. She said I could use it between 4-7 months but didnt want me to after that cause it can actually put you in labor. She told me why but I cant remember...

I've heard that eating LOCAL honey will help with hay fever x

Hi ladies

Thank you for your responses. I will definitely make a Drs appointment to discuss options, but it sounds like there's some things you can still take.

I had heard about local honey, but I think you have to take it all the time to build up your resistance to local pollen, so it won't do much for me right now. Plus I hate the taste of honey :sick:

I was told Zyrtec was safe. I have allergies, as well, and have actually been getting allergy shots for a couple of years. I am allowed to continue the shots through pregnancy, but they had to bump the dosage way back-- which makes it less effective. When my allergies get too bad it will trigger a blinking tic that makes it unsafe for me to drive, so sometimes I have to take something in between shots. I try to take the Zyrtec as infrequently as possible... but so there are times when I just have be able to function. I was told that it was in the same category as Benadryl, which is routinely deemed "safe" during pregnancy. While I would advocate taking anything with moderation and caution during pregnancy, I don't think it would be too awful if you have to take a little something to get some relief from time to time. Just use your best judgment and stick to stuff in the A-B category. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->