Pregnancy induced "Inception"; it's a real thing

N

Nerdy

In my entire 28 years, 1 month, and 1 day of life I've only ever had TWO dreams within a dream, an "Inception", if you will. Both of these instances were absolute nightmares and both were experienced during pregnancy... Both, if memory serves me right, during the second trimester.

First one involved total sleep paralysis where you can't move, feel like you're being held down, and panic. The scene was my own bedroom, with minor differences; like instead of my blinds, I could see out to open starry skies (which we rarely get to see stars in this swamp due to humidity and light pollution) and I woke up out of one dream to feel distinctly relieved and then the nightmare continued and the paralysis became apparent and then I somehow managed to wake up out of that screaming. HATE sleep paralysis. Hate nightmares. Was wired for sound and couldn't sleep after that.

Second one happened last night and involved a mild case of sleep paralysis in so far as in the under dream I was trying to scream for my husband and couldn't while the dream was happening, and then remembered waking up out of that scenario into a scene right out of Poltergeist which, indeed, wound up having me screaming for my hubby.... And having the most vicious cramp I've ever experienced in my life... In my left buttock. That's right. A buttcramp helped me escape "Inception" at 3:30am. :dohh:

Now I've heard all about vivid dreams during pregnancy... But this... This is enough. If I never have these scenarios happen again, it'll be too soon. HATE. :growlmad: I'm thinking of bringing this up next OB visit if only to give my doc a good laugh since there's zero he can really "do" about it. And yes, I do have vivid "normal" dreams that usually involve horses or conversations with my husband that I'd swear happened but didn't and then he looks at me like I have 10 heads when I'm all "No! Remember we talked about that at the cafe?!" Yeeeeah... :blush:

Anyone else experience something similar?

I've had sleep paralysis a couple of times when not pregnant. Not fun at all! I've never had problems with my dreams getting worse while pregnant since I can never fully sleep while pregnant. But normally my dreams are pretty vivid. I couldnt imagine them being more intense during pregnancy. That sounds rough.

I had it a lot with my last pregnancy when I'd nap during the two days by boys went to day care. Its the worst experience.

I've been dealing with nightmares. I hope I never have to deal with paralysis... that sounds horrible. :(

That's the worst feeling ever! The paralyzed screaming dreams and then when you're waking you still can't escape!

Try avoiding eating things with artificial preservatives before bed, if you can. Even not pregnant- that's the only way I can keep the creepy dreams away.

I've had dreams within dreams. It's terrifying and all I wanna do is wake up!!

I've only ever "incepted" so to speak once, when I was in high school. Wasn't as scary as yours but a scenario of needing to get out of the situation I was in, but it was a dream and I woke up in another dream.

My dreams have just gotten weirder since my pregnancy. Usually they are vivid and strange as it is, but just last night I had a dream that OH and I were flying a kite and the wind picked me up with the kite and I was floating away. :shrug:

It's TWISTED! Definitely makes the nights I actually get to sleep that much harder because now I'm anticipating the worst!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->