Pregnancy vs Hormones? What do YOU think?!

Missatastic

Reaction score
Hey everybody! I've been creeping around this website for the past month now, reading about everyone's experiences.. and I've finally reached a point that I need some advice better than Google can give me.

I was wondering if anyone could give their personal opinion on if you think this is just hormones, possibly cysts, or if this may be pregnancy? I'll go over my symptoms in order that they've developed. First of all, I'll say that I've never really experienced any of these before. I do have highly irregular periods (maybe once or twice a year) and I used to have crippling cramps (years ago). I'm not sure how the whole "conception date" thing works, so I'll say I assume I had that baby makin' magic.. my first guess would be around October 27-29th or sometime during the first week of November. My symptoms are as follows.

First week of Nov: morning sickness! so bad it would wake me up and keep me awake. I'm not one that gets nauseous very much. I also experienced some cramping (which I don't usually have, either) and some pains specific to the left side of my uterus-ish area. I thought I might've been pregnant, so I waited about a week and took a urine test. Negative. Morning sickness subsided after about a week down to an occasional upset tummy.

Next thing, cravings and appetite. I'm kind of a big girl, so I thought maybe I was just being a fatty. After my first negative, I kind of dropped the thought I was pregnant. Now about a week ago, I woke up and found my nipples were.. different. Very different! They were a bit larger than normal (they're usually pretty small.. sorry if TMI) and unusually hard all the time. Super sensitive, too! After two days, it was so bad my shirt couldn't even touch without it hurting! They're usually not very sensitive, but wow. My mind was blown. Currently, they aren't excruciatingly sensitive, but they're still pretty sensitive. Today I noticed my areolas were actually much larger than usual and starting to become spotty.. like.. brownish splotches.. as if they were turning darker slowly. I also noticed the little bumps on them, which I hadn't been able to see before. I've also been exceptionally gassy... and static electricity charged! Not that it's related, but it is an unusual new development. Everything I touch, zap!

Between all of that, I've had cases of heartburn, sometimes I nearly vomit after I eat, and occasionally when I stand, I'll get a really intense headache that only lasts until I sit back down. I NEVER have had heartburn before, and I rarely ever get headaches. Yesterday, my lower left back started to ache and what really put the pregnancy idea back in my head was when I sneezed yesterday, ouch!! I was standing up in the kitchen and oh man, it felt like it ripped right through my uterus and down between my legs. It hurt for all of about 3 seconds, and totally subsided. Now I notice if I jog or push.. like just pushing my stomach out, it makes that area hurt. At the time, I had no pulled or injured muscle.. though I might now! I read it could be from the ligaments or something? I researched this today and all this stuff seems common in pregnancy. I also experienced what I believe to be an increase in cervical mucus.. and as of the morning sickness week, my potty trips skyrocketed. They have been pretty consistent now, frequent trips. Lately I notice my bladder seems to be.. leaking a little bit more than usual. Okay, a lot a bit.

I did take another urine test, which showed up negative. I've read about a lot of ladies dealing with negative urine tests, even negative blood tests..

We aren't actively TTC, but we aren't trying to prevent it, either. We aren't obsessed with it.. well.. I wasn't until today, really, lol. My sister thinks I may just have cysts and wants me to get checked out. Well, I'm uninsured (of course, ugh) but there is a free pregnancy clinic I can go to sometime next week. They can give me a urine test (but I'm sure I'll fail) and maybe I can convince them to give me an ultrasound just to be sure. Unless you guys think I'm just.. imagining all of it or if its just my hormones.

I honestly didn't know of any pregnancy symptoms other than morning sickness and cravings, so I don't think I made 'em up.. but.. who knows.

Opinions? Sorry this was so long! Thanks for your input!
Oh and if it helps, my last period was in August and I'm not expecting another one until sometime between March and August. I've also read that you can still ovulate without having a period, and my mother said she never had a period more than a couple times until she had my first sister. So I know it's possible.. I just.. don't know how likely. I've taken a total of 4 urine tests, all negative. My body is just screaming at me though.

I'm completely lost and confused and I guess I don't want to be so sure I'm preggo now if.. well.. it's likely just hormones. But it's weird that they would suddenly flare up, all at once, all of this.. at once. Okay, I'm done rambling! :shrug:

It is possible your pregnant but you shouldnt get your hopes up too much (hard i know :hugs: ) -just wait to test.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->