pregnancy weight gain

akay

Reaction score
Hi, mums
Ive put on like 6kgs( i was already overweight) im 21 weeks and feeling abit cut up about it was just wondering if by your opinion thats absolutely fine. iv got lots of Anxiety about it affecting the baby and if i can lose it afterwards. ive got a million things rushing though my mind..... sad

I have gained about the same. Don't worry I know it's hard but just try to eat as healthily as possible. It's the one time in life when we shouldn't get too hung up on weight gain but I know it's hard. I got a shock the first time I stood on the scales. Think I am going to pack away the scales for a while!

Don't worry too much about it. With all my pregnancies I've been told that I'm gaining too much. I've never had a problem losing it. With this one I've gained 30 so far (I'm already where I was at 9 months wth the others) and a dr commented on how (skinny) I was just last night while my midwife freaks about my weight. Everyone gains differently and at a different rate. After you have the baby as long as you eat healthy the weight should fall off.

That seems normal.

I'm 21 weeks and have gained way more than that.

I put on 25k last time, and had lost 21kg by the time my LO was 4 months old. Then I fell pregnant again!

is that around 1 stone in weight? that's what I have put on so far.... I have also just eaten 2 jam dounuts!
:)
Just make sure you healthy and don't deny yourself the odd treat. xx

Weight is such an issue with pregnant women because we're not used to gaining so much in such a short time. I'm going to be 26 weeks tomorrow and have been steadily gaining at least a pound a week. I'm really starting to feel it now. It feels like every time I move I have to actually make an effort to do so. Most people tell me that I don't look as big as they did while pregnant (and they often times gained as much as I have now during their entire pregnancy) while others that are close to me say that they can see the weight gain just by looking at my face and belly. About half of the weight will drop off immediately after giving birth and the other half is lost by most women within a few months either by exercising or breastfeeding.

I thought 6kgs would be about right. I think I gained 12 in total last pregnancy but the majority was before 26-30 weeks and then it dramatically slowed down. I found it wasn't consistent, some months I gained heaps and others not much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->